getting hopelessly lost,WHERE is that Mor...thing the Black?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

xf1313

getting hopelessly lost,WHERE is that Mor...thing the Black?

Post by xf1313 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:48 am

Way finding is part of the game, and I admit I had much fun exploring. However the the information of the Writ can have a bit more precision really.

And especially on this one, Morghur the Black (16) or something, he should be about the bendir uplands, and there’s a way in the forest of despair? So I ventured forth and raided the forest left and right, crushed numerous Malar as well, sold 8000gp worth of loot. And this damn necromancer? Stay well hidden....

I did found a suspicious stone circle on the path to old Stonehold, but the Old Stonehold was empty. Could I get some information on the location of his Lair pls. Can’t find anything using wiki map.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: getting hopelessly lost,WHERE is that Mor...thing the Black?

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:00 pm

It's been a long while, but I think you're looking for Morghun.

The server has a few transition/door points that aren't immediately obvious to newer players and don't necessarily involve loading into a new area. Can't tell you exactly how to get there anymore, but starting from Bendir, you're looking for a zone where you enter FROM the east traveling west from the previous zone, and if you continue to go west you almost immediately hit a door - a door which, if you're playing in overhead mode fully zoomed out, looks a lot like a dead end wall.

It's not. Go past it and explore the map. When you find the really long bridge, follow its vicinity (you'll have to wander around it for a while to figure out how to get on it, b/c I'm already stretching my memory to get you this far) and you're not too far from what you're looking for.

Good luck!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Go to stonehold, move south into the forest of despair then the next eastern exit from there you will find yourself on a long bridge the dungeon is at the end of it.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:00 pm

thank you both!i’d try again tonight

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Aelryn Bloodmoon wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:00 pm
It's been a long while, but I think you're looking for Morghun.

The server has a few transition/door points that aren't immediately obvious to newer players and don't necessarily involve loading into a new area. Can't tell you exactly how to get there anymore, but starting from Bendir, you're looking for a zone where you enter FROM the east traveling west from the previous zone, and if you continue to go west you almost immediately hit a door - a door which, if you're playing in overhead mode fully zoomed out, looks a lot like a dead end wall.

It's not. Go past it and explore the map. When you find the really long bridge, follow its vicinity (you'll have to wander around it for a while to figure out how to get on it, b/c I'm already stretching my memory to get you this far) and you're not too far from what you're looking for.

Good luck!
I was soooo miss lead! Went straight into the forest but the lair was just on the other side of the bridge!

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Much easier way to get there is to go west of Bendir across the bridge then go northwest, there will be a ramp that puts you right on the bridge to the dungeon without having to go through the forest of despair.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:00 pm

The writ description almost leads you the wrong way. Something to consider for future revisions.

Curve

Post by Curve » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:03 pm

Not to dissuade you from asking questions on the forums but I’m willing to bet if you asked this one in game someone would walk you there.

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Curve wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:03 pm
Not to dissuade you from asking questions on the forums but I’m willing to bet if you asked this one in game someone would walk you there.
I do that usually, but my time zone.... don’t meet too many PCs, and those I met seems to be confused with this writ as well