Premature Spellsword questions - dualwield

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

toftdal

Premature Spellsword questions - dualwield

Post by toftdal » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:59 pm

If I read the new Spellsword correct, it is no longer possible to imbue your off-hand weapon - effectively making small (and large) characters (hin, gnome, firbolg etc.) unable to effectively be dualwielding as a Spellsword? (and medium characters only able to do so with dual weapons)

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Premature Spellsword questions - dualwield

Post by Kalopsia » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:06 pm

toftdal wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:59 pm
If I read the new Spellsword correct, it is no longer possible to imbue your off-hand weapon - effectively making small (and large) characters (hin, gnome, firbolg etc.) unable to effectively be dualwielding as a Spellsword? (and medium characters only able to do so with dual weapons)
In the opposite; there is now more reason than ever to dual-wield as a spellsword as you can get synergy bonuses on Elemental Strike with two elements instead of one :)
You get two uses of Imbue Weapon per day. If you target yourself while dual-wielding, you'll spend them both to imbue both your weapons with the same element. If you target the weapons individually, you can mix and match however you like.

toftdal

Post by toftdal » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:14 pm

Ooooooooooooooh! That is awesome! I misread then!

This looks really neat all in all - kinda regret having started as something other than Spellsword now ^^

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:17 am

I'd misread it too, thanks.