Internet outage likely to cost me a full shop and quarters

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

MarkRed

Internet outage likely to cost me a full shop and quarters

Post by MarkRed » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:14 pm

To preface this I am on mobile data so I don't plan to check here more than once a day, but am reachable on discord @MarkTheRed1174.

As the title says I have been out of internet for some time with no estimated fix date and fear that my full shop and quarters are going to be up for sale in the next first days, I won't say where either of them are so scalpers can't snatch it but if I DM or whomever needs to know they can contact me here or on the above discord ID.

I've tried to use the mobile version of the game, and I have successfully connected but to my dismay the zone I was logged out in auto crashes on mobile so I'm unable to get on to reset it. Even when glitching into the five portal area, the limitation of how I think the server transitions people cancels any attempt to bypass that area.

The area I'm stuck in is on the surface server, and so is my shop. If I somehow get out of the surface server through any method, attempting to rejoin the server always checks where I was, in that auto crash zone, and then tries to teleport me, but since it first loads me into that auto crash zone it fails and just boots me from the app.

I was wondering if I could have a slight extension on my shop time, or a refresh since the circumstances of me not being able to reach it to refresh it are out of my hands in multiple ways. Or if someone could teleport me without me being on the server so that it would bypass that zone? I don't know if any of that makes sense but I am on the last straw.

Tldr: I have no internet, toon stuck in auto crash zone for mobile, shop going up for sale soon, wanting extension or help.

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

MarkRed

Re: Internet outage likely to cost me a full shop and quarters

Post by MarkRed » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this kind of thread

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 pm

Can you use your phone as a hotspot? That way you can connect to your phone using your computer's wifi connection and log in to quickly refresh shop and quarters 🙂

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 pm

MissEvelyn wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 pm
Can you use your phone as a hotspot? That way you can connect to your phone using your computer's wifi connection and log in to quickly refresh shop and quarters 🙂
No sadly I do not, I do not have a wireless chip on my board or any form of other adapter that would allow me to in my possession

Curve

Post by Curve » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 am

The only thing I know to do is let someone you really trust use your CD Key to log into your character and check the shops for you. I have not heard of anyone doing this since way before EE (I think the person also left the character naked in a field near Bendir) so I don't know if it is against the rules or even possible without their Steam account if that's how you DL'd the game.

I would ask a DM if it's kosher to do.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:38 am

Curve wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 am
The only thing I know to do is let someone you really trust use your CD Key to log into your character and check the shops for you. I have not heard of anyone doing this since way before EE (I think the person also left the character naked in a field near Bendir) so I don't know if it is against the rules or even possible without their Steam account if that's how you DL'd the game.

I would never really trust anyone with your CD KEY ever. Because if they did something wrong, you’d be the one punished.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:30 am

Spyre wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:38 am
Curve wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 am

I would never really trust anyone with your CD KEY ever. Because if they did something wrong, you’d be the one punished.
Seconding this. I've learned this the hard way in the past. Definitely not a good idea to share your account.

--

Could you borrow a friend's laptop to get a wifi connection from your phone - or from said friend?

If all else fails, I'm sure whoever "happens" to come across your expired shop and quarters will have read this thread, stash your stuff away until you return.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:54 pm

go to the local library with your laptop
Yes I can sign

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm

5 days later I am now with internet again, one day later and my shop would've been gone...thanks to all who messaged