New Gathering Tools

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

New Gathering Tools

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:37 am

I'm a little confused about the new tools. Are they specific items like before, or is it now that you can use any light pick to also do mining?

Additionally: Can you use the same light pick for both ore and gems?

Additionally: Is there a difference in efficiency between the light/heavy variety of pick, or the other tools?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Distant Relation

Re: New Gathering Tools

Post by Distant Relation » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 am

From experimenting in-game, the weapon types listed just count as gathering tools, exactly as if you had equipped the corresponding piece of equipment.

So yes, you can use any light pick (weapon) for both ores and gems, and it will count as if you were wielding a mining pick/gem hammer respectively for the purpose of gathering speed and yield. Assuming its all working correctly behind the scenes :D

Skibbles

Re: New Gathering Tools

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:15 am

I did some very brief testing earlier and this seems to be the case. I did a comparison test with a light pick, against my old mining (axe), and both yielded the same number from two coal veins. Didn't have time to try gems yet.

Very QOL to have a 1x2 item handle both tasks. This saves me so much space! Not to mention it just looks better than a full on battleaxe.

The jury is still out on efficiency between light/heavy picks, or the other tools, but I assume they're the same.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.