Light colors via spells/dweomercraft basin

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Griefmaker

Light colors via spells/dweomercraft basin

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:44 pm

Hey everyone,

A quick question: There currently is no way to change what color the light is from the light cantrip or when adding from the dweomercraft basin right? It is always white?

I am just curious since thematically blue fits my dude better and whilst he has a helm of brilliance (which is rather useful for its fire DR) to achieve the desired RP-influenced light, there are other items I would prefer if I could still get the same effect even if I am the first person on arelith ever to burn a mastercraft rune for blue light :D

(and yes, there are a few other loot items too, but they suffer the same fate of "it eats an item slot and only provides blue light)

If not, it is all good! But I figured I would ask.

Thanks!

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Light colors via spells/dweomercraft basin

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm

Light from the basin can be any available color or intensity.

Light from the cantrip is still 20m white.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm
Light from the basin can be any available color or intensity.

Light from the cantrip is still 20m white.
Oh crimony, I never realized this! I saw the various intensities, but did not know you could change colors too. Thank you TRM! Time to go blow half a million coins or whatever to put blue light on a mastercrafted rune :D

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 pm

On the one hand, I grieve for the waste of gold.

On the other hand, I now rejoice at the waste of your particular gold.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 am

I'm not sure what the intensity is, or if they come in blue (I want to say I've seen many different colors but I've never bought one), but you should totally be able to save all that money just by buying a light gem for a few gold and using it on your helmet to add a permanent light affix.

I'd check with merchants that sell weird and random stuff that you don't always visit. They can sell this kind of thing.

I know the priestess in Dis sells red light gems. Blue ones... I'm guessing possibly from a tinker or the human vendor in the Hub?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 am

Skibbles wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 am
I'm not sure what the intensity is, or if they come in blue (I want to say I've seen many different colors but I've never bought one), but you should totally be able to save all that money just by buying a light gem for a few gold and using it on your helmet to add a permanent light affix.

I'd check with merchants that sell weird and random stuff that you don't always visit. They can sell this kind of thing.

I know the priestess in Dis sells red light gems. Blue ones... I'm guessing possibly from a tinker or the human vendor in the Hub?
Man, I am out of the loop it seems! I did not know that there were light gems you could by and place on things. I have seen a few in player shops, but I thought they were always white and were loot items.

Hmm...time to nose about a bit more then. That would be sooooo much better than gathering a ton of coin, finding a masterwork rune, and blowing it all on that for blue light!

Thanks!