B&E Notifier

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

B&E Notifier

Post by Skibbles » Sun May 01, 2022 8:43 am

"Something about the door catches your eye, it seems someone was trying to open it without a key."

I just want to clarify, before I start RPing about it, but this is the 'someone tried lockpicking this door' notifier - right?

It's a little unclear.

Or is it the forced entry by strength check? Is it both?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Hazard

Re: B&E Notifier

Post by Hazard » Sun May 01, 2022 8:46 am

It's both, pretty sure.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed May 04, 2022 5:31 am

Thank you. I'm guessing the same.

Additionally - does anyone know how this notifier works for guild houses with multiple doors?

Every time I opened a door inside I was getting the same notification, which normally would leave me to believe that someone got inside and was also lockpicking the other doors, but this guildhouse in particular has a lot of superfluous doors and it would have been very strange for someone to go around breaking half a dozen doors that didn't go anywhere important.

I'm guessing this is similar to how you can get a letter, that was put on the front door, by opening a side door inside.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed May 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Every door is unique, so in a guildhouse if the inner door is a quarter and you get the message, that means they got in the outer door and did infact attempt the inners.

This is NOT shared to all linked doors like letters.

If you see any message it means one or the other was attempted.
Pick lock has a sleight of hand to hide the details dc.
Bash is a dc of 10 vs spot or search (highest).
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sat May 07, 2022 5:13 am

Thank you bigly for expanding on it, Sincra.

I just want to clarify one thing here:
Sincra wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:52 pm
so in a guildhouse if the inner door is a quarter and you get the message
The inner doors I'm thinking of did not lead to guildhouse quarters. I'm referring to locked doors that partition sections of the guildhouse but are specifically not inner quarters.

To use an example (not the subject guildhouse in question): The doubledoors in the Deep Gate Mansion need a guildhouse key to enter but aren't separate inside quarters. They just lead further in.

Are these unique in the same way when it comes to this?

Sorry to be such a pill!

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sat May 07, 2022 4:45 pm

Hmm!

If they open a quarter menu styled access option (Knock/Lockpick/Bash) then yes, they'll leave the same.

If they are using another menu let me know what it looks like, I'll go find it and add to the system.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sun May 08, 2022 2:06 am

Okay! This is kind of a niche scenario as most guildhouses don't have these partition doors I don't think. I'll see if I can wrangle a lockpicker and do some testing and report back. Thanks!