Submitting an Event Request

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DM Poppy

Submitting an Event Request

Post by DM Poppy » Sun May 08, 2022 7:05 pm

Hello, wonderful players of Arelith. A number of players have to my recent announcement and sent in some great idea's that we are working our way though, but, I'd like to try and help with the clarity of these requests.

When you submit a event request, it would really help us if you include your Playername, Character Name, your Timezone and your active playtimes and the plot for you intended request.

Whilst we enjoy reading the stories, we are not asking you to submit an essay, keep your plot condensed and clear and it will really help the DM's understand what is being asked. We can approach you for more details IG or OOC after that point.

And remember to keep these guidelines in mind -

a) Nothing that changes the integrity of the setting. Basically – not events that 'close' the rift in Benwick, or that destroy Cordor or murder Guld Founder members ect. By all means your request can of course /attempt/ to do those things, but you must keep in mind they are unlikely to succeed.
b) Something short, sweet, that can be concluded in or one or two sessions of no more than a few hours. Mass huge events involving multiple factions/dms and dozens and hundreds of hours of game time isn't likely to be accepted. We're looking for things that are short and sweet.
c) Small personal stories are fine, and indeed wanted! (I personally love messing with peoples backstories) but its best if they can include at least one or two other players. This isn't to say single-player 'events' will be thrown right out, but I'd expect such 'event' requests to really be very small and simple.
d) Events involving direct contact with god(s) will also be rejected.
e) Do not expect things to 'go your way' in the event. Maybe they will? Maybe they won't? If you want us to do something with your backstory, be prepared for angst as well as joy. If you want to have a thrilling robbery event? Expect to be thwarted. If you want us to support a fun festival event? Expect that there may be rude interlopers.
f) Finally event requests that directly attack the mechanics of other players (e.g. taking gold out of a players account, stealing items from the players quarters, removing a player from a position of power) will also be denied.

A good example would be as follows.

Playername - DM Poppy
Charactername - DM Poppy
Timezone - GMT / Most Active 7pm Onwards
Plot -
My Character is a Nercromancer. I'd like to animate some corpses in Cordor's Graveyard and have them run riot. I've got a list of PCs buried there for adding oomf.

Playername - DM Poppy
Charactername - DM Poppy
Plot -
My Character is a Druid. I'd like a DM to infect a part of the forest. So that my Character can host a ritual to cure it.

Playername - DM Poppy
Charactername - DM Poppy
Plot -
My Character is a Half-Orc Chief. We'd like to challenge a rival Orc tribe played by the DM, the looser having to pay tribute in the form of a fixture.

I'd very much like to stress, we are not reviewing your requests like a PrC. We are trying to figure out what time you play and in some instances, after a long time reading, whether or not we can actually do X Y or Z.
I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

chocolatelover

Re: Submitting an Event Request

Post by chocolatelover » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:56 am

Do we do this through email or through the forums?

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Biolab00 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:51 am

I believe that the proper method is to send via forum PM to ActiveDMs

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:53 am

How long should one expect to wait before hearing back from a DM before you res?
ubmit