What is guld start meant to be?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Azensor

What is guld start meant to be?

Post by Azensor » Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 pm

Has the title says, are you meant to stay in the city and take writs there? or just get the lay of the land then toddle off to another city?

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: What is guld start meant to be?

Post by Skibbles » Thu May 12, 2022 3:21 pm

It might be better to keep this contained to the feedback, or this thread, but making two threads on the same general topic might not help.

This was sort of discussed at great length a few months ago.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36599&hilit=Guldorand&start=75

You can skip all the way to the end for irongron's input.

Imo, reading between the lines, it seems guldorand is well trafficked enough that the 'intention' of the guldorand start hardly matters if the numbers are adding up and competing well with other hubs.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: What is guld start meant to be?

Post by Irongron » Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 pm

Having made it, I now think the Guld start is too challenging for 14th level. Guldorand is effectively 'post' Skaljard, so I think the medium award start should begin where that ends; level 16.

I say this having started in Guld with a medium award and having bloody murder done unto my character at every local dungeon.