The possibility of outcast redemption

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Amateur Hour

The possibility of outcast redemption

Post by Amateur Hour » Fri May 13, 2022 2:37 pm

As a general question, is it ever permitted on Arelith to have someone who became or was created as an Outcast to redeem themselves and remove the Outcast status? If so, what would the DM team be looking for to consider an outcast truly "redeemed"?

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: The possibility of outcast redemption

Post by Skibbles » Fri May 13, 2022 4:06 pm

I've seen it done before, but I think only once (personally), by an exceptional player with time enough in hand to play such an arc out. Time being very operative here.

I think such an arc also comes with an MoD (permadeath counter) which could severely shorten the character's life.

If I had to guess, like most things RP, there's probably no measurable goal to acquire it. One thing would be sure, though, and that would probably be that very few would doubt they earned it.

It is very rare.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: The possibility of outcast redemption

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri May 13, 2022 9:20 pm

Skibbles pretty much has it in the bag with this reply. I think it's happened a few times (but no more than I could count on one hand) and removal of outcast token always comes with an MoD.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)