Unable to remove writ papers

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Taerl

Unable to remove writ papers

Post by Taerl » Fri May 13, 2022 10:10 pm

So its not my character but how does one remove the writ sheet once lvl 30. Doesn't seem to be any options.

Tarkus the dog

Re: Unable to remove writ papers

Post by Tarkus the dog » Fri May 13, 2022 11:03 pm

Seems like a bug, I've this issue as well.

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Fri May 13, 2022 11:08 pm

It is no longer an option. You'll need to contact a DM. The reasoning being, to prevent players from switching between the two writ formats again and again.
I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 am

DM Poppy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:08 pm
It is no longer an option. You'll need to contact a DM. The reasoning being, to prevent players from switching between the two writ formats again and again.
Why is gate-keeping this more important than having DMs do extra work and having literally every player whose joined the agency ( basically every character ) ping the DM channel? I'm so confused. I'm sure there's another way to make sure people don't swap between the two writ types of that is that big if a deal.

Arelith is a bag-less server and almost every character ( mages not included ) basically needs mandatory zoo buffs via wands or potions. Then we start taking Freedom pots, improved invisibility, NEP, scrolls etc. in consideration -- Jewelry box, scroll case, head bag, book bag -- learning a language? Can't keep the books in the bag, gotta keep them out. It's so many items and I didn't even name half of them and now on top of that I gotta keep around a writ until a DM responds?

Eyeliner

Post by Eyeliner » Sat May 14, 2022 1:27 am

Could you perhaps reduce writs to one or two inventory squares if they'll never be removable?

(I would consider "you have to ask a DM" to mean "never removable" because I am not wasting a DMs time on that, or my own trying to get their attention as that kind of thing can take weeks)

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 am

Tarkus the dog wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 am
DM Poppy wrote:
Why is gate-keeping this more important than having DMs do extra work and having literally every player whose joined the agency ( basically every character ) ping the DM channel? I'm so confused. I'm sure there's another way to make sure people don't swap between the two writ types of that is that big if a deal.

Arelith is a bag-less server and almost every character ( mages not included ) basically needs mandatory zoo buffs via wands or potions. Then we start taking Freedom pots, improved invisibility, NEP, scrolls etc. in consideration -- Jewelry box, scroll case, head bag, book bag -- learning a language? Can't keep the books in the bag, gotta keep them out. It's so many items and I didn't even name half of them and now on top of that I gotta keep around a writ until a DM responds?
You paint it to be some manner of critical overload. It's not that common of request and when it does pop up, we remove it. It is however, the way it functions at this moment in time. Whether that is to remain or not, I've no knowledge.
I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Sat May 14, 2022 12:06 pm

DM Poppy wrote:
A DM was contacted and said DM would not remove the writ paper saying or explaining your reasoning explained above. The character is level 30 and this was said and the DM still did not remove it and said sorry we cant help you.

I will inform the player and have them ask the DM's for help again to remove the writ paper, thank you.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sun May 15, 2022 4:16 am

Taerl wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:06 pm
DM Poppy wrote:
A DM was contacted and said DM would not remove the writ paper saying or explaining your reasoning explained above. The character is level 30 and this was said and the DM still did not remove it and said sorry we cant help you.

I will inform the player and have them ask the DM's for help again to remove the writ paper, thank you.
Yeah that's one of the examples why I think this is just a bad idea.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun May 15, 2022 4:32 am

That sounds like an oversight more than anything.

But Eyeliner is right, there is no reason for the writ document to take up the same amount of space as a pair of boots.

Ideally all items would be 1 square, so that weight is the only limitation, thus staying true to D&D. But I know that would be asking for a lot.

Spriggan Bride

Post by Spriggan Bride » Sun May 15, 2022 5:43 am

Think about the poor pirates who have TWO four-square writ or charter documents hogging their inventory.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon May 23, 2022 7:38 am

They are unable to be discarded due to a mechanical limitation that leads to an exploit.

Once the aforementioned limitation is resolved it will likely be re-enabled.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Mon May 23, 2022 9:09 am

Can we get lesser bags of holding that have infinite space but do not provide any weight reduction?
I mean, I can already pull out over 20 book shelves from my pocket (seemingly) anyway. As long as they aren't reducing weight, it would just be a nice way to have more inventory space and not have to worry so much about what size we make items. Some items just look really cool and we want them to look that way, even if its big and dumb.