Nwn ee Arelith on Xbox, continued support?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tyrellios

Nwn ee Arelith on Xbox, continued support?

Post by Tyrellios » Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 am

Hey everyone, first time on here. And this may sound like blasphemy, but I play Arelith on my Xbox.

I've encountered issues with the spellsword class not giving spells per level, nor can I use my spellbook. I've heard this issue from others who have played the switch version, so it's clearly a console version issue.

I'm wondering if these versions are still being supported with updates, and if these issues are known?

I understand the troubles of working this game onto consoles, but it's really well put together considering the limitations. I love this game and community, just hope these can be fixed. Not sure if anyone can help, but any assistance would be kind.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Nwn ee Arelith on Xbox, continued support?

Post by Skibbles » Tue May 17, 2022 4:03 am

This sounds like it would be a good contender for the bug report section (don't forget to use the form and put in your version and platform!)

I'm wondering if this is an Arelith bug specifically or if NWN on console is out of date on the beamdog side which may lead to many a wonkiness.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Tyrellios

Post by Tyrellios » Tue May 17, 2022 4:09 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be sure to make a bug post about it with any relevant info.

MathAenya

Post by MathAenya » Tue May 17, 2022 6:23 am

I have nwn on switch and as far as I know the game is not receiving any updates anymore.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Tue May 17, 2022 8:21 am

Beamdog seems to be quietly dying. I can't see console support returning.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue May 17, 2022 9:02 am

It is true that Beamdog no longer seems to be supporting consoles, indeed they haven't for a very long time, hence our HAKs already including a great deal that is already part of NWN on PC.

I did take a decision that we will, however, continue to support consoles on Arelith, but due to the many updates NWN has received during the intevening period means that certain features may not work (custom UI for instance), while others will need to be reported so if possible we can find a work around.

In certain cases we may have to put a sign in the entry area advising which classes we can no longer support on consoles.

So please make a full report, and we'll do what can.

Also, while it is a long shot, one could theoretically try pleading/bugging Aspyr Media, they have recently bought Beamdog, and given that NWN remains a relatively popular title may be willing to invest in console updates (to bring NWNEE up to date on XBox, Android & Switch) where Beamdog were seemingly reluctant. They are also just a far larger company, and may not even be aware of this issue yet.

You can contact them here:

https://www.aspyr.com/contact

Tyrellios

Post by Tyrellios » Tue May 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Not having luck with Aspyr, but thanks for the assistance. Wish it could be another way, but I understand. Really liked Arelith, but can't see myself continuing on Xbox... Thanks you for your time.