Earthkin Defender's Abilities Range?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tikin

Earthkin Defender's Abilities Range?

Post by Tikin » Tue May 17, 2022 8:45 pm

Hey there!

This is not told in the wiki, and as the visual effects aren't always shown (exemple: Aegis, sometime I can see it's on thanks to the HP bar of a char but the visual effect from Aegis isn't there), I am finding myself having doubts about the Range (and therefore efficiency) of the abilities that benefit allies:
_Aegis
_Safeguard
_Deterrence
If you guys know the Effective range of those, please let me know! ;)

Tikin

Re: Earthkin Defender's Abilities Range?

Post by Tikin » Thu May 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Nobody knows? :?

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 pm

I think part of the problem here is that even if they were all colossal in range they still wouldnt be very good. As such the players havent really bothered to test them out.

I think safeguard is the biggest aoe range (colossal) and deterence might be too. Aegis is extremely short range.

Unfortunarely cant test on my own earthkin as i realised early on these werent worth taking.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Thu May 19, 2022 10:56 pm

Thanks for your answer.

i'll restraint from comments here, as I'll probably post feedbacks at some points :D

Has any developper got some precise and sure values about these abilities' range?

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 pm

This is easy to check. If you ask on the brog discord I'm sure someone would hop onto pgcc to test for the sake of science

Nurel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nurel » Fri May 20, 2022 10:19 am

I rolled my EKD a while ago and am unable to test this outside of PGCC

But I would have to say, the main issue with these 3 abilities is their extremely short duration. 30sec is just not enough to make a large impact in a fight, especially since the abilities are not instant. You have to cast them as you would a wand therefore the DI and bonus HP are not on demand. If Safeguard and Aegis were instant cast, they would be very valuable panic buttons despite of the short duration.

I think Safeguard and Aegis they should either have their durations increased, or their cast time reduced to instant. That said, a duration increase certainly feels more balanced, as an instant Aegis would be overpowered in group PVP

Deterrence would benefit more from a duration increase, imo.

I think range is not the main issue with these abilities

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 am

I'll try to find people to make tests ... :)

Not as easy with the safeguard but if I find someone patient enough it should be faisible.

The safeguard has been changed a while ago, to my knowledge (I should check though xD) it IS now instant action.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm

Tikin wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:32 am
The safeguard has been changed a while ago, to my knowledge (I should check though xD) it IS now instant action.
It was indeed changed to be instant. Sadly for Safeguard, Banner had its CHA requirement removed in the same (or very close to) update, making it a superior choice.

Kalos

Post by Kalos » Sat May 28, 2022 2:24 am

MRFTW wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Tikin wrote:
It was indeed changed to be instant. Sadly for Safeguard, Banner had its CHA requirement removed in the same (or very close to) update, making it a superior choice.
Darn. I must have missed this. Time to re-level I guess ;)

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Sat May 28, 2022 12:23 pm

Kalos wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 2:24 am
MRFTW wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Tikin wrote:
Darn. I must have missed this. Time to re-level I guess ;)
I've found it to be a huge deal for EKD viability. It doesn't disable expertise/imp. expertise, either. I use it a tonne when content pushes me into expertise mode to mitigate incoming damage, but I still want to get some damage pressure through.

I think it's made 5/7 level EKD dips really good, too, since you can get Banner 2 at level 4 EKD, sneak immunity at 5 and then optionally iron stance at 7.