Gnomes keep me up at night

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hazard

Gnomes keep me up at night

Post by Hazard » Sat May 21, 2022 8:09 pm

Hey, I know this might sound like a troll post or maybe ridiculous to some, or not worth taking seriously, but..

Well, since EE and haks and all the amazing devs and their work, we've had so many great and previously thought impossible things and improvements brought to Arelith. It's really overwhelming how much better everything has gotten.

So, would it at all be possible or in Arelith's future for gnomes to get ... y'know. Better models? Bioware really gimped gnomes with these freaky proportions and they're, to put it blunt, hideously, freakishly, disgustingly ugly. Gnomes don't look like this!

I'm pretty sure it's just the weird length of their limbs in relation to their bodies. I don't know. Something is off and it's in the uncanny valley.

I really want to play a gnome, but I also would like to sleep at night.

Spriggan Bride

Re: Gnomes keep me up at night

Post by Spriggan Bride » Sat May 21, 2022 8:53 pm

It's not all the way there but you can make a gnome now who doesn't look like Popeye. Gnomes have a lot of new heads (more male than female though.. some new female would be nice for variety) and most of the new robe options give them halfling-sized forearms (if the forearm is part of the robe)
Last edited by Spriggan Bride on Sun May 22, 2022 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:17 pm

I'm actually a fan of creepy gnomes.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sun May 22, 2022 1:08 am

Spriggan Bride wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:53 pm
It's not all the way there but you can make a gnome now with who doesn't look like Popeye. Gnomes have a lot of new heads (more male than female though.. some new female would be nice for variety) and most of the new robe options give them halfling-sized forearms (if the forearm is part of the robe)
Oh nice!

That's something at least!

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Sun May 22, 2022 7:13 am

I do feel like some more head models would go a long way. There's only one male gnome head model I'm actually willing to use. Female options aren't much better.

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by cornelius_4 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:19 pm

It would be nice if all the regular options were available. Some arm choices have the biceps going in one direction and forearm in the other such that there is a large gap of air in the middle of the arm. I don't think I've seen a gnome use them, so it's just unavailable choices essentially.