Boat Repair DCs

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

MRFTW

Boat Repair DCs

Post by MRFTW » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:14 am

Hello folks.

From what I hear, carpentry and tailoring can be used to repair ships at sea, without having to dock. What sort of DCs are involved for that? My character has no real need for their trade skill points, so I'm thinking of sinking most of them into ship repair as that will be something he will use.

Do any of the less typical ships use other tradeskills to repair, or is it only ever tailoring/carpentry?

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Boat Repair DCs

Post by Rei_Jin » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:34 am

The ironside ships (Brogdenstein's Ironhelm, and Andunor's Dreadnaught) use smithing to repair.

You only need Carpentry OR Tailoring to repair all other ships, and (last I checked) you could use either to repair the ironside ships too.

To repair the diving bell takes smithing (the diving bell allows you to go underwater, not all ships have one).

You need at least 15 ranks in Sailing to be able to repair a ship, and the relevant crafting skill DC to repair a ship is 35 (I believe), which means that at DC 55 you are assured of mastery for your repairs.

It takes 2 Hardwood and 3 Softwood, or 2 Large Cloth and 3 Medium Cloth to complete one repair check

MRFTW

Re: Boat Repair DCs

Post by MRFTW » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 am

Many thanks Rei_Jin!