Quick hemomancer question regarding special hemo abilities

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Griefmaker

Quick hemomancer question regarding special hemo abilities

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been seeing some conflicting information on the wiki, on the PCCG (have not tried the live server yet), and Discord about the hemomancer special abilities like red harvest, massacre, soul shriek, etc. and what spell focus works with them. I know most information says Evocation, but then I also see some which are Evocation or Necromancy, whichever is higher. For the spells it looks like from my testing on PCCG that it is Evocation or Necromancy, but from there my number-crunching-fu failed me.

Are Evocation and Necromancy interchangeable on all Hemomancer special skills?

Thank you!

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Quick hemomancer question regarding special hemo abilities

Post by Aren » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 am

Griefmaker wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been seeing some conflicting information on the wiki, on the PCCG (have not tried the live server yet), and Discord about the hemomancer special abilities like red harvest, massacre, soul shriek, etc. and what spell focus works with them. I know most information says Evocation, but then I also see some which are Evocation or Necromancy, whichever is higher. For the spells it looks like from my testing on PCCG that it is Evocation or Necromancy, but from there my number-crunching-fu failed me.

Thank you!
Correct. You can use either necromancy focus or evocation focus for your signature spells.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Griefmaker

Re: Quick hemomancer question regarding special hemo abilities

Post by Griefmaker » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 am

Aren wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 am
Griefmaker wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:01 pm
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Correct. You can use either necromancy focus or evocation focus for your signature spells.
Excellent! Thank you for the clarification!