Cavalier and goblins

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Roasmas

Cavalier and goblins

Post by Roasmas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:40 am

Hi guys, i recently fell in love with a cleric of sylvanus/cavalier. Apparently goblins can't mount yet, but I was told by a senior player that it is being worked on. Can we get an update, please?

Also, will there be additional mounted options in the future? Seems kind of shady to me to basically be playing a druid riding a demon horse. Not complaining, just seems like a hole in the immersion.

Thanks guys!

Good Character

Re: Cavalier and goblins

Post by Good Character » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:51 pm

Ol' Sweet Potato (person behind multiple original visual works) is working on a worg mount. I believe just yesterday they were working on animations.

Currently there are ton of mounted options with the most common being normal horses. Why are druids riding Nightmares? They're literally the anti-thesis of what druids uphold (aside from blighters, but those aren't allowed to be played). Report those individuals so they can be forced to act as 'fallen' druids and remake.

Roasmas

Post by Roasmas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:34 pm

It is because he is a cleric of sylvanus rather than a druid class. true nuetral.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Roasmas wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:34 pm
It is because he is a cleric of sylvanus rather than a druid class. true nuetral.
Frankly even worse. Silvanus hates beings that wantonly use fire and those who cause deliberate, pointless destruction, especially against the living; nightmares are the embodiment of both. I admittedly don't know too much on any system from 3.5 that would cause a cleric to fall from favor, but I would assume Silvanus would rescind the divine gifts he's given this cleric.

Roasmas

Post by Roasmas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:02 pm

yep. the only option i have as a mount atm though.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Where is your character based IG and what race are they?

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:28 pm

Roasmas wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:40 am
Apparently goblins can't mount yet, but I was told by a senior player that it is being worked on. Can we get an update, please?
The technical side of things is only dynamic character models that came from the vanilla base races have access to mounts. These models are human, dwarf, halfling, gnome, elf, and half-orc.

Goblins, by default, do not have access to mounts, and nothing about them being able to mount is being worked on.

However, I did entertain the idea of allowing them to "pseudo"-mount via changing the goblin model from the vanilla on-foot model into a worg-mounted model, in which they all use a spear as a weapon. This means they will have even further limited customization as the mounted goblin will all be visually equipping a spear.

This never got past the discussion phase and will likely be a while before anything comes to fruition.

Roasmas

Post by Roasmas » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 am

Dang. Thanks Kenji.