Question regarding Dirgesinger's Dirge of Awakening

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Griefmaker

Question regarding Dirgesinger's Dirge of Awakening

Post by Griefmaker » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:38 pm

HI everyone,

I know that undead animation allows you to have certain maximum numbers of undead based on the stream (like some are 3x critters that are animated, others 2x, etc.). My character who is a Dirgesinger uses his Dirge of Awakening to animate ghosts which are supposed to allow up to 2x ghosts being animated, but only ever animates one.

I have tried using the Dirge of Awakening again after 15 minutes to see if you need to cast it a second, but it just replaces the first.

It could be I am completely missing something in all of the documentation or am just a dork, but any help from those more knowledgeable would be welcome.

Also, in case it is relevant, my character is CL 12 with 7 Bard levels and 5 Dirgesinger levels.

Thank you!

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Question regarding Dirgesinger's Dirge of Awakening

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:31 pm

You need more Dirgesinger levels to reach the next level of strength in Dirge of Awakening. If you examine the skill, it should help explain somewhat.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:45 pm

Ah gotcha! I know I saw something about ESF: Necromancy with 10 levels of Dirgesinger as long as you have GSF: Necromancy. But I may have indeed missed the rest.

Thank you!

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:02 pm

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:31 pm
You need more Dirgesinger levels to reach the next level of strength in Dirge of Awakening. If you examine the skill, it should help explain somewhat.
I finally played the character again last night and you are right! I am a dork and completely missed it. Thank you again for the work with Dirgesinger and the undead. I have played on Arelith for 15+ years and this is the first time I have ever really looked into the undead streams because now they are totally cool, there are a ton of options and flavors, and they have their own unique niche versus the conjuration summons.

Nicely done!