Can pirates own property in UD districts?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

perseid

Can pirates own property in UD districts?

Post by perseid » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:59 pm

I noticed that pirates have been allowed to own leases in both the Shipyard and the Treadstone. I was wondering if this was also allowed in district/settlement regions of Andunor and if so if there was a particular pirate rank this becomes permitted at.

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can pirates own property in UD districts?

Post by Eira » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:46 am

Pirates should not be owning any UD property if they are not an outcast or monster race. Not even in Treadstone.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:04 am

I think anyone can own property (mechanically) in Treadstone/Shipyard. At least, I'm pretty sure that was/is the case.

Not saying they should be or are allowed, just that I think it's possible to do.

Eyeliner

Post by Eyeliner » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:41 pm

Eira wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:46 am
Pirates should not be owning any UD property if they are not an outcast or monster race. Not even in Treadstone.
I'm not saying you're wrong by any means but I'm just curious, is that a server rule or opinion?

I've known of occasional "surfacers" who owned property in Anundor but it seems more appropriate in districts with player leaders where you have to wheel and deal or the PC leaders will boot you.

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:10 am

The rules are a little more grey for surfacers moving to the UD than a hard and fast thing.

For example, a surface necromancer could move to Andunor, and sure, they'd have a hard time of it, but they could prove themselves worthy of being there

Pirates are similar... a more goodly aligned pirate could not prove themselves worthy of being in Andunor, but one who is a necromancer or who does their best to cause ruin to the mainland settlements? They'd fit right in.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:08 am

Eira wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:46 am
Eira is right! Become an outcast if you want to live in the Underdark, otherwise you’re just visiting.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.