Tips on Assassin ?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

slayer 1.0

Tips on Assassin ?

Post by slayer 1.0 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:27 pm

If someone was looking at the assassin class, what’s some of the tips you’d give them to better prepare them?
  • Glognar Halitt-Retired; Drinking ale
    Alexin Sharten-Shelved; Making arrows
    Elor Cohort-Vanished

Genar Halitt-Current

satan

Re: Tips on Assassin ?

Post by satan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Take a class in creative writing and consult whatever gods you follow for the slim chance your application will be accepted.
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:01 pm

satan wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:53 pm
Take a class in creative writing and consult whatever gods you follow for the slim chance your application will be accepted.
This is one approach, for sure. OR. You could simply be honest with what you are trying to achieve.

The Assassin PrC is almost inherently revolved around PvP and they do get into a lot of fights. As it happens, PvP incidents are also one of the most reported rule breaks on the server.

So. What do we want from Assassins? You are killing other players professionally. How do you plan on making that interactive and fun for everyone involved and in a way that doesn't break the rules?

DM Poppy
I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:27 pm

slayer 1.0 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:27 pm
If someone was looking at the assassin class, what’s some of the tips you’d give them to better prepare them?
Consider why you're going for the class, what do you want out of it, and what do you think others will get out of you being one?

What are your characters narrative goals - What story arc are you trying to follow, and where will it go?

How will you reflect the class in your roleplay, how will you be different than a rogue?

Study all the various PvP rules, and be comfortable with them!
Consider if you're comfortable with loss, and what you'll do in the eventuality you're the killed, rather than the killer. What will you and your character do then? Is that a risk you're willing to take, and something you can make enjoyable for both parties?

The key points Poppy already touched on above "Fun" & "Interactive." Think about how you'd like to be assassinated. What you'd enjoy. - It's a difficult one!

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

Ceyella

Post by Ceyella » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:08 am

A huge boost for the PRC is IC roleplay. Having a assassin “teach you” will help. You can contact my assassin somehow, or just stand around the guild foyer and beg anyone who comes in to take you in lol. Figure out who has bounties on them and stalk them and watch who watches them and ask to get in on a hit. etc. finding some way to become an assassin through RP then submitting the request will help a lot.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 am

I got one tip: Dont play assassin. You dont really need this class for anything except the terribly designed assassin guild no one is using anyway. Make an evil rogue RP a real assassin.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Ceyella

Post by Ceyella » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 am
I got one tip: Dont play assassin. You dont really need this class for anything except the terribly designed assassin guild no one is using anyway. Make an evil rogue RP a real assassin.
NGL...100% true. the moment you walk up to someone and are like hehe a price on your head! they log off for 30 days. Thats all your get out of it.