Character Adjustment and Gifts.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Drowble Oh Seven

Character Adjustment and Gifts.

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:33 am

Hey folks!

Wanted to make absolutely sure of our shiny new rebuild functions, which note:

Code: Select all

SETSTATS

The -setstats command is a way to adjust a character's level 1 ability scores and reset their selected general feats.

Gifts, paths, and the base class are unaffected.
My read here is that it's impossible to alter a character's gifts (both stat and minor) without the classic wood-chipper-and-remake approach. Is this correct?

I'd prefer not to re-burn a reward on a remake if at all possible, but knowing that the stats are ever so slightly wrong is something akin to having a crooked portrait at the foot of the bed. If that's what it needs to be, that's what it needs to be, because the alternative is a slow and creeping madness.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Character Adjustment and Gifts.

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:18 pm

I feel your pain with the stats, as I too am a bit OCD over things.

For your question, as to my understanding, you are correct. While base stats, class, and feats can be changed; those taken as an award at creation can not be changed.

So after your PC passing the level of an award refund, the only choice to remake the same PC is with the -remake character command, wait a server reset, and spend a new award.

PS - this is my own knowledge and I could be totally wrong, though I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 pm

Thanks! Pretty much matches what I was expecting, but it's always good to check. Down the remake-waterfall we go.

DM Poppy

Post by DM Poppy » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:11 pm

It is possible to adjust Stat Gifts only, but only Spyre can do so as it requires access to Arelith's Database. This means you'll be put at the bottom of a very long to do list.

But do bare in mind. This function isn't for players who are bored and want a new class, we will refuse to adjust you. This feature is for Characters that were undisputably built incorrectly or affected by class overhauls. We are more lenient with stat changes than we are class changes.
I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:33 am

No problem, thanks for the clarification!