Outcasts and Sibayad

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

msterswrdsmn

Outcasts and Sibayad

Post by msterswrdsmn » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:12 am

Like the title says; are there any rules regarding outcasts and Sibayad shops/property? In-game as long as i've known, its also been a sort of "Profit-first" sort of trade town where all sorts of people wound up.

I also know outcasts are typically forbidden from owning property inside settlements, so I'm trying to figure out where Siyabad falls on this.

Amateur Hour

Re: Outcasts and Sibayad

Post by Amateur Hour » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:18 am

If I remember correctly the little blurb that pops up when you go through the Arelith entryway as an outcast with your "outcast warning" prohibits owning any property on the surface at all. So if this is not the case, then that blurb needs to be updated!

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:37 am

The wiki mentions theres an exception for wilderness areas regarding outcasts on the surface, and i've seen pirates with surface territories who are in a similar position as far as in-game shunning goes. There are also some "lawless" areas like freeport that didn't exist when that portal blurb was created, so I'm just trying to get some clarification.

McKnighter

Post by McKnighter » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:54 pm

Outcasts are allowed to own property in Sibayad since it's not an official settlement. They don't care as long as you're not interfering with business.

Granted, plenty of people will likely kill you for being an Outcast, but that's up to the individual player character.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:49 pm

You should not own property in Sibayad as an Outcast or Monster Race PC. You can pass by, own temporary things, etc. Sibayad Town is not a wilderness area. It might be different for the fort, or the property in the outskirts.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:07 pm

DM Monkey wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:49 pm

You should not own property in Sibayad as an Outcast or Monster Race PC. You can pass by, own temporary things, etc. Sibayad Town is not a wilderness area. It might be different for the fort, or the property in the outskirts.

Nah. I see no reason an outcast can't own property there if keeping a low profile, or monster races that haven't been discovered. Vampires, Hags, etc.

McKnighter

Post by McKnighter » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:27 pm

DM Monkey wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:49 pm

The merchant town seperated from Arelith politics, where the outcast status comes from, who engages in slavery and only cares about how much coin they're making?

Monster races, I understand. They're banned via their laws already. Nothing there regards outcasts or any other unsavory types. Why would they care as long as they spend their coin and stay out of trouble?