Races and starting locations

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Feargys

Races and starting locations

Post by Feargys » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:24 am

I recently rolled up a new character - a half-orc. The starting location was set to the Underdark. Is there any way to start as a half-orc in Cordor or does one have to role-play to be able to reach that city?

I have checked through the forums and the wiki for an answer but I can't find one.

God_In_Action

Re: Races and starting locations

Post by God_In_Action » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:54 am

It sounds like you selected the Outcast background, because all Outcasts start in thr Underdark city of Andunor.

Alternatively, is the character definitely a half orc and not a orog? An Orog is a lot like an underdark half orc and they will only ever start in the underdark.

Probably you can just remake your character from fresh but be sure to not select the outcast background at characters creation.

Feargys

Post by Feargys » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:21 am

Definitely half-orc and yes I selected Outcast. Will try slave next time. Thank you for the help.

Feargys

Post by Feargys » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:55 am

Okay, this thread can be closed down now. I discovered, on character creation, that you can choose not to be either an Outcast or a Slave, and then choose Cordor as your starting point.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:12 pm

Yeah, Outcast and Slave are both underdark start options. Sorry. Will lock this.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)