Roleplay with settlement requirement for voting

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Khorvale

Roleplay with settlement requirement for voting

Post by Khorvale » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:24 am

So there's a vote going on, and my primary character is doing his civic duty. First of all, not sure I entirely understand the settlement voting breakdown, seems like it's written for those who already know the concept but whatever, I'm just a scrub voter :)

What I'm curious about though is the mention that a voter needs to have been engaged in roleplay with the settlement for the vote to count. On which criteria is this measured? Do DMs go through every single voter's chat logs for the entirety of a voting period and judge whether their RP meets the rather some vaguely defined criteria? Seems like a big and boring task.

I assume it's just a "no alt-horde rigging the elections" rule but I always get skeptical when stuff like this seems so opaque or vaguely defined that it's essentially a carte blanche to invalidate any given vote. If my RP is somehow deemed insufficient for participating in voting, will I be told or will my vote simply be lost to the void with no indication?

Hazard

Re: Roleplay with settlement requirement for voting

Post by Hazard » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:21 am

It's mostly just to make sure people aren't voting without any roleplay, afaik. Example, logging in at election time to just cast votes for their friend.

If you've actively been playing the character and just doing a basic amount of interaction, you should be fine!

Khorvale

Re: Roleplay with settlement requirement for voting

Post by Khorvale » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:40 am

Considering I was looking into the candidate I (afterwards) voted for and then randomly ran into them and questioned them about their "platform", I'd say I'm good then 😄
Thanks!