Why am I Uncovered?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Khorvale

Why am I Uncovered?

Post by Khorvale » Tue May 09, 2023 11:02 pm

I am wearing armor, belt, boots, gloves, necklace, 2 rings, helmet and cloak. Gear in every slot that isn't weapon/shield or ammunition... Why am I considered Uncovered?

Good Character

Re: Why am I Uncovered?

Post by Good Character » Tue May 09, 2023 11:19 pm

It's not solely based on equip gear but also the customization of them. More than likely you're missing the "Neck" slot; it usually defaults to nothing.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed May 10, 2023 12:30 am

Khorvale wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:02 pm

I am wearing armor, belt, boots, gloves, necklace, 2 rings, helmet and cloak. Gear in every slot that isn't weapon/shield or ammunition... Why am I considered Uncovered?

Typing -cover state should open a panel to tell you what is not covering you, if you were not aware of that part of the command. Hopefully that helps.

If there is something erroneously showing as uncovered when uncovered, please do make a bug report.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Khorvale

Post by Khorvale » Wed May 10, 2023 1:05 am

Assuming an amulet covers the neck, it is indeed bugged. Thanks, that -cover state doesn't seem to be documented anywhere I looked.

Oh apparently that part is dependent on the appearance editor in the rest menu, unlike the rest apparently :lol:

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Wed May 10, 2023 1:15 am

Khorvale wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:05 am

Assuming an amulet covers the neck, it is indeed bugged. Thanks, that -cover state doesn't seem to be documented anywhere I looked.

Oh apparently that part is dependent on the appearance editor in the rest menu, unlike the rest apparently :lol:

Everything is based on appearance, very little on your actual equipped items. You can wear nothing but a vesture and use the "-hood" command to achieve full cover depending on the design of the vesture.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Khorvale

Post by Khorvale » Wed May 10, 2023 6:25 am

Seeing as servers are reset, I guess I can ask related questions here:

I managed to make some janky, unnamed character descriptions in my experiments to actually get a cover description working (still haven't but I guess I have the tools now at least) and I can't figure out a way to delete them, how do?

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Wed May 10, 2023 7:02 am

https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Description

It's pretty well documented here!

Khorvale

Post by Khorvale » Wed May 10, 2023 8:50 am

Dreams wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:02 am

https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Description

It's pretty well documented here!

If the part about how I delete multiple, unnamed weird and messy descriptions from my descriptions list is there, I fail my Spot check

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Wed May 10, 2023 12:49 pm

Are you wearing fingerless glove models? These also don't count towards cover. Which seems like a bit much, until you consider the fact that some Arelith PCs have distinctive skin tones.

Khorvale

Post by Khorvale » Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Dr. B wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:49 pm

Are you wearing fingerless glove models? These also don't count towards cover. Which seems like a bit much, until you consider the fact that some Arelith PCs have distinctive skin tones.

It was the neck issue.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Thu May 11, 2023 9:35 am

Khorvale wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:50 am

If the part about how I delete multiple, unnamed weird and messy descriptions from my descriptions list is there, I fail my Spot check

Code: Select all

-description +del [Saved file name] OR -deldesc [Saved file name]
    Deletes the saved file. "

From the wiki, but admitedly it will delete only one named description at a time, and is turned in a way that is not that obvious to spot. If descriptions are not listed by name in your list, they are not saved, so no issue with those.

Should use this part after you have made a description successfully:

Code: Select all

This will allow you to save your current description under the name of your choosing, and then reload them using:
-description +rec [Saved file name] OR -recdesc [Saved file name] "

Clearly the description section of the console commands is by far the most difficult in Arelith imho.
Good luck!

Hope that helps ;-)