Question about Award Usage

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

facesmash

Question about Award Usage

Post by facesmash » Sat May 13, 2023 12:56 am

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, or if its been answered before but...

Lets say I want to drop a greater or a major on a race I want to play, but I also want the character to be a noble. Can you double down on awards you have to get both perks or do you just have to pick and choose what you want?

Thanks!

Good Character

Re: Question about Award Usage

Post by Good Character » Sat May 13, 2023 1:23 am

You cannot. One award per character.

However, a settlement leader can make you a "landed noble". You get all the usual perks of the award aside from the Silver Palm feat.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat May 13, 2023 1:26 am

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but my understanding has always been that you have to pick and choose.

That said, there's nothing stopping your PC from claiming noble heritage, even if it happens to be in a form that wouldn't be readily recognised in the various mechanical ways that the reward is on the server. I've certainly done this, and had a fey'ri claiming noble descent from a house so long dead that anything that would translate to meaningful mechanical benefit is gone.

If you're from a particularly uncommon / exotic race, you could reasonably imagine that the average person isn't going to recognise your particular iconography or history anyway. Or, at least, certainly not in the way they would Lord ABC from Waterdeep.

facesmash

Post by facesmash » Sat May 13, 2023 1:30 am

Good Character wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:23 am

You cannot. One award per character.

However, a settlement leader can make you a "landed noble". You get all the usual perks of the award aside from the Silver Palm feat.

Oh nice, I didnt know "landed noble" was a thing. Its been a bit since I've been back, thanks. I can work towards that then.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Sun May 14, 2023 12:20 am

I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember something about the feat 'epic reputation' granting many of the noble perks. Someone help me out on this.

The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.