Question about Lasso

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

facesmash

Question about Lasso

Post by facesmash » Wed May 17, 2023 6:43 am

So I was just curious what the formulas are for Lassos. I was recently able to tie one at a point, making the cross point DC 0 for everyone to get back. Then when trying to retrieve it, it gave me the 'not enough skill' to get it back DC with a 53 of 63 needed or something like that. Is there a different skill tied to placing vs retrieving said lasso?

Tikin

Re: Question about Lasso

Post by Tikin » Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 am

Hi there

To my knowledge what counts to tie and untie Lasso is dexterity. Could be that there is another skill or what but dexterity counts, and If for any reason your dexterity lowers after you tie the lasso you won't be able to untie, because you set the DC when you tie it. A lot of things can impact your attributes ... Weapons for example.

Hope it helps ;-)

facesmash

Re: Question about Lasso

Post by facesmash » Thu May 18, 2023 5:34 am

Tikin wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 am

Hi there

To my knowledge what counts to tie and untie Lasso is dexterity. Could be that there is another skill or what but dexterity counts, and If for any reason your dexterity lowers after you tie the lasso you won't be able to untie, because you set the DC when you tie it. A lot of things can impact your attributes ... Weapons for example.

Hope it helps ;-)

Thanks for this, but I think I know the issue. I was just stupid. We had a bard and their song had run out right after I tied it so the DC was set to 10 higher than my own skill allowed. With the bard song I would have gotten it. Lessons my friends, lessons.