Crafting skill points

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Gallaleo

Crafting skill points

Post by Gallaleo » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:00 am

When making a new character I accidentally put the first 6 of my crafting skill points into carpentry ( my other toon is a carpenter, so I think I got used to selecting that). I want to put all my points into tailoring. I tried to do a relevel after I did it thinking I could reapply them but that did not work. I had my DM adage on for a few days hoping I could ask for help but know one has had time it seems. I then created a support ticket about it and it was denied. Is this really the case, you cannot redistribute crafting points when you mess up at the begging levels of you’re character? Im level 11 now and have been putting my other points into tailoring, but I really need those other 6 points so I can start crafting items that require a higher DC of course. Any information and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amateur Hour

Re: Crafting skill points

Post by Amateur Hour » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:42 pm

The reason craft point redistribution is not granted lightly is because it would otherwise allow people to make basically everything they need as needed, and one of the foundational principles of the in-game economy and crafting system is to force interdependency and therefore interaction.

I don't know if anyone other than the DM who denied your request can comment why your particular case was denied, though.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Crafting skill points

Post by triaddraykin » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:26 pm

If you have an issue with a DM ruling, you can escalate it to the Head DM, DM Titania. She can be directly messaged on the forums, and I'm sure she'll be able to explain what's going on, or potentially overturn the ruling herself. I've been at odds with her in the past, but even I would say she's a fair and understanding person who'll take your case seriously.

Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs