Two questions on slavery

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Two questions on slavery

Post by Rei_Jin » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:17 am

First question: My character had a slave who broke their collar and ran away, aaaages ago, but said slave is still listed on my slave papers.
Is this a bug or intended?

Second question: I no longer actually own any slaves with my character, is it possible to dispose of said slave papers?
Like the writ papers, it takes up a 2x2 space, and I'd like that space back if possible

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Two questions on slavery

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:12 am

Rei_Jin wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:17 am

First question: My character had a slave who broke their collar and ran away, aaaages ago, but said slave is still listed on my slave papers.
Is this a bug or intended?

Second question: I no longer actually own any slaves with my character, is it possible to dispose of said slave papers?
Like the writ papers, it takes up a 2x2 space, and I'd like that space back if possible

1) It's a very long running... thing. Personally I'd class it as a bug?
2) At the least, a DM should be able to remove the papers from you. I don't see a reason why not - if the information on them is defunct. Try finding a DM in game to do that.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Two questions on slavery

Post by Rei_Jin » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:36 am

After posting this, I was informed by another player that speaking to the Slavemaster in the Slave Pits will resolve both of these issues.

Tested it, and it does work.

Thank you though Grumpy! Much appreciated :)