Anyway to hide player joined, player left in the box next to the chat box?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

piri8

Anyway to hide player joined, player left in the box next to the chat box?

Post by piri8 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:56 am

Hello, I was wondering if there is anyway to hide the player joined, player left pop ups on the little round/info box next to the chat box. I know it may be a strange question. I have a cognitive disability, I'm autistic. Video games are a sort of outlet for me. I have really enjoyed my time on this server. Socializing isn't my greatest strength but it's fairly welcoming as a roleplay server. Typing is easier for me than speaking. I know it's odd but when I see the user names of player joined, player left, my mind reacts illogically, it's like I subconsciously perceive it as some code lingo. It is somewhat distressing over the course of a longer play session. I was wondering if there is anyway to hide those (player name) joined, (player name) left information ticks on the box.

I've read something about a custom UI (-nui) on the wiki, not sure if it's customizable or if it could apply to something like this. Maybe some there is a way to change it in the settings of the game options, I've searched to no avail unfortunately. So if there is a way, I would appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with changing that setting, and if it is not possible, a "Nope" would be appreciated. If nothing else, I guess I could always hide the entire info/round box. Still it's nice knowing if a save was successful or not. Either way, thank you for making Arelith a welcoming place.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Anyway to hide player joined, player left in the box next to the chat box?

Post by DM Monkey » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:20 am

It's able to be turned on/off for the server. I'm actually not sure why we still have it!

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.

piri8

Post by piri8 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:23 pm

That's great news! What an excellent start this morning. I think that made my day. Sometimes it's the little victories in life. Anyway, this is a bit silly but where exactly is the option or toggle to turn it off and on located? Also, if it's not too much trouble, could this thread be deleted after I manage to change those settings? Overnight and through the morning I sort of grew embarrassed. I don't want people to treat me differently when in game due to my disability.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:34 pm

You can right-click on your combat log box and choose to "Exclude Server Messages." That will prevent the "has joined / has left" notifications. However! This has to be done every time you switch servers, as it does not persist through server transitions.

piri8

Post by piri8 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:40 pm

Thanks a bunch! That seemed to do the trick. Now it will be easier to focus on remaining in character. It also helps for the immersion. Thank you both!