Quarter refreshing

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

WinterDaze

Quarter refreshing

Post by WinterDaze » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:32 pm

My quarter has a 7 day refresh. If I go on vaction without access to a computer for 12 days can I give another player a key to my quater and have them refresh it? Does that count?

BlinkDelight

Re: Quarter refreshing

Post by BlinkDelight » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:45 pm

WinterDaze wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:32 pm

My quarter has a 7 day refresh. If I go on vaction without access to a computer for 12 days can I give another player a key to my quater and have them refresh it? Does that count?

It does not. It has to be you personally. Also, don't forget to be able to pay your quarter's rent!

I change my playername to keep roleplay fresh. ~ BlinkDelight

Publicly Playing:
No one.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:26 am

NWN for mobile is good for such things. $10 or so in the app store.

WinterDaze

Post by WinterDaze » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:04 am

Thank you, I'll get the app.

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Very important: refreshing your quarter is done by opening the EXTERIOR DOOR. For some quarters - e.g. the quarters in the upper floors of the taverns - you've only got one door so you don't need to worry about it. But if you have to go through a transition to enter your quarter - e.g. the quarters in the House of Reverie, the quarters in the Cordor Farmlands - you need to touch the door from the outside. From a programming perspective, the exterior view of the door and the interior view of the door are separate door objects that have linked behavior, but the refresh trigger is always on the exterior-view door object.

Just keep in mind you haven't refreshed your quarter unless you see the "You have refreshed your quarter" message pop up.

I would also advise for safety's sake to refresh your property every two to three days rather than trying to cut it close on the 7-day timer. While extremely unlikely, I have also heard of people losing properties because there happened to be a crash or a rollback and their refresh timer reset was lost.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:54 pm

Amateur Hour wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Very important: refreshing your quarter is done by opening the EXTERIOR DOOR. For some quarters - e.g. the quarters in the upper floors of the taverns - you've only got one door so you don't need to worry about it. But if you have to go through a transition to enter your quarter - e.g. the quarters in the House of Reverie, the quarters in the Cordor Farmlands - you need to touch the door from the outside. From a programming perspective, the exterior view of the door and the interior view of the door are separate door objects that have linked behavior, but the refresh trigger is always on the exterior-view door object.

Just keep in mind you haven't refreshed your quarter unless you see the "You have refreshed your quarter" message pop up.

I would also advise for safety's sake to refresh your property every two to three days rather than trying to cut it close on the 7-day timer. While extremely unlikely, I have also heard of people losing properties because there happened to be a crash or a rollback and their refresh timer reset was lost.

Pin worthy advice. My partner once lost a noble estate while actively playing because gentlemen always opened doors for her, and she managed to go a full seven days without ever having to open her own door, and never noticed. Big oops. Look for the message!