Endgame Enchanting Question

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Curve

Endgame Enchanting Question

Post by Curve » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:31 pm

I am playing a new character who just hit level 30. Typically, I would now start slowly shifting my gear from basic to 5% or mw stuff, but since we are kind of in enchanting limbo with 5% gone, but the new system not live what should I do? Is it worth investing in mw runes considering their use may drastically change in the near future?

Xerah

Re: Endgame Enchanting Question

Post by Xerah » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:14 pm

Considering you can get 2 stats, +1 save, and 3 +2 skills for a lesser rune, I don't have longer term price confidence in MW runes. Add in that dropped "blue" stuff is even better than what you have to rune yourself, all of this is working to really lower the market on runes.

On the other hand, there's not really a price sink anymore without 5%s, so the prices could go up due to the devaluing of gold.

I know for me personally, I'll be pretty happy with found gear or lesser (maybe greater) runes. It'll already be better than how I normally do my gear.

Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Curve

Post by Curve » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:27 pm

That all makes sense and I am excited for better/easier gearing once the system goes live. I am more asking if people are investing in enchanting now. Are you investing time and gold into bettering your gear beyond stat/stat/skills or stat/stat/uni with minor rune before the system goes live? Or does it feel like a waste of time considering the changes that will eventually come.

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:25 pm

Curve wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:27 pm

That all makes sense and I am excited for better/easier gearing once the system goes live. I am more asking if people are investing in enchanting now. Are you investing time and gold into bettering your gear beyond stat/stat/skills or stat/stat/uni with minor rune before the system goes live? Or does it feel like a waste of time considering the changes that will eventually come.

Anyone have an answer for this? I would really like a set of gear and have NO IDEA how to make it now with these changes that make all those gearing guides wrong now.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:42 pm

I thought you meant buy them up and horde them for release.

But I’ve only ever had 1 character that has even bothered to use masterwork runes, so this doesn’t really affect my plans at all. Once it comes, I’ll just add +8 or something like that to all saves for my existing character and call it a day.

Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Kythana

Post by Kythana » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:09 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:25 pm

Anyone have an answer for this? I would really like a set of gear and have NO IDEA how to make it now with these changes that make all those gearing guides wrong now.

It depends on the class/build you're playing. I would personally try and cap your attributes + discipline out with soft 5% gear and just ignore saves or try to fit in +will/reflex/fort based on needs.

Anything that you craft that has an innate rune is also worth investing into right now, imo. A weapon is likely always going to take keen or uni saves.

Main breakpoints you want to hit for most builds:

• Gear 7 to your primary attributes. Ioun stones/skleen can help, they can't be dispelled.
  • 65 Discipline at minimum.
  • High 30s for every save(spellcraft contributes). This isn't really going to be possible until rework drops without sacrificing something else/having CHA to saves.
  • Other miscellaneous skills(Lore, Hide, Move Silently, SC for saves, some UMD, ect.)

I would test on the PGCC and see what you can create based on that, use the main basin near the crafting station; the one in the arena uses the new system.