Low-level parties

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

bpmasher

Low-level parties

Post by bpmasher » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 am

Hello,

I'm new to Arelith and these forums. I was wondering if other low-level players (or characters) would like to form an adventuring party once a week or so? Would a DM be interested in creating some stories for us downtrodden level 3 characters? :D

My time zone is GMT +2, weekend nights would be good for sessions, if we manage to get a group togehter.

Anime Sword Fighter

Re: Low-level parties

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 am

If you want to play in 'sessions', I'd recommend trying out FL. Not exactly level 3, but it works better for that sort of play than Regulith.

Unless you really just want to be level 3 lowbies in big and mean Arelith then go for it.

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:19 am

If your playing on UD Arelith, just watch out for my Jihaliira, I gather lowbies together to hang around!

(decision for that came up after around 10 deaths on Monday...lol)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 am

GMT+1 here, if you found to Aeon online, send me a tell and I can log my level 4 dwarf (if we were talking about Cordor/surface)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

bpmasher

Post by bpmasher » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Coreybush11 wrote:If you want to play in 'sessions', I'd recommend trying out FL. Not exactly level 3, but it works better for that sort of play than Regulith.

Unless you really just want to be level 3 lowbies in big and mean Arelith then go for it.
What is FL?

Garrsi

Post by Garrsi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Fixed level server, a separate world from the other three main severs.

In short XP is mostly rendered moot, everyone starts at level nine and stays there but you can use gold to buy new abilities.

Some like it, not for me personally. I hate grinding XP but grinding for gold instead FL isn't really the fix for me.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:28 pm

There's a bunch of lowbies hanging around these past couple days. Take advantage of introducing yourself to randoms walking around Cordor.

I'll be one of them.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Anime Sword Fighter

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Fixed Level:
1) Level fixed at level 9, without the 3 following class levels restriction. Meaning you can take 1 (ClassA), 1 (ClassB), and 7 (ClassC). Do not gain experience.

2) You 'level up' your System Level (SL) by buying feats with gold from the multiple trainers on the island. With each new feat, your SL increases by 1. With SL 31 (?) you hit the 'epic' levels, and can then buy epic feats for your classes.

3) Different crafting/enchanting system that is a lot more involved and neat than Regulith's.

4) You gain gold by clicking on the corpses, each PC can click once to get the gold amount. The system we had on Regulith before the recent gold update (that was how it was before THAT system was implemented)

5) Less population

6) You are able to play with higher levels and still be useful. It is hard to make a character that won't be useful in some way.

Links to some guides:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=91

FL is very suited to jumping in for some adventuring and jumping out.

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Though DMs do make story lines, the gold about Arelith is that its player driven ... make your own story and enjoy it when others get involved.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Bran Bree

Post by Bran Bree » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:44 am

Hey bpmasher! I was actually thinking of making a similar post, as I've been on the server for years, but sometimes my logging times are too infrequent to keep up with the consistency of the more regular characters. Hence, I've a handful of characters on Arelith, and one on FL Arelith... most of them between levels 3-10.

Like alot of these posts suggest, FL Arelith is probably ideal for "once-or-thrice-a-weekers" like us. However, recently I've become hooked on one of my "Regulith" characters, and so I'd be happy to join your "lowbie" party should our paths ever cross there.

Just send me a PM once you get a schedule going, and I'll see if I can make the occasion, on occasion.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:12 am

Anyway, the common place to meet new adventurers and create hunting/training groups as to RP, is the famous Nomad Inn in Cordor.

In doubt, go there, sit, take a beer, RP and start there your group to find adventures in the awesome Arelith!
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you