A Player's Guide To The Underdark (Work in Progress)

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Borin Drakkmurl

Re: A Player's Guide To The Underdark (Work in Progress)

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Oh wow, folk are still reading this!

And..pretty much what Durvayas said. It wasn't some sort of silly conspiracy on my part to support whatever ooc biases certain folk might have towards the lore or not. I was just providing examples, acording to the information I gathered from different sources (most of those being other players, or things written by them.)

And yup. Kiaransalee is not in there because...I completly forgot about it.

The whole thing might still need some re-writes, editing, and further work on the images. I never touched it again because I just thought it was one of those silly fancies of mine that would end up buried in the dusty archives of the internet.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:15 pm

The last time I touched any of this was around four years ago, and I did not think I'd ever open the file again.

But, the pandemic being what it is, and me having too much free time on my nerdy hands, I went and did a bunch of corrections, re-writes and re-uploads of images.

As with the last time I worked on it, I don't expect it to end up having any real, solid use, but doing it always ends up being...well, fun.
So here it is.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ygx7Iqx

I might add some newer bits if the inspiration hits, and the excess of free time continues.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

thimblegiant
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by thimblegiant » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:31 am

Nice!

It looks like the rendering of information on the second page of the drow is partially cut off. I tried in a couple different Oses and versions of Firefox (including latest) and it appears the same. I don't have other browsers installed to experiment with however; might just be a Firefox thing.

Anyway, appreciate the Arelith specific summary of the UD and related - very handy.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:28 pm

thimblegiant wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:31 am
Nice!

It looks like the rendering of information on the second page of the drow is partially cut off. I tried in a couple different Oses and versions of Firefox (including latest) and it appears the same. I don't have other browsers installed to experiment with however; might just be a Firefox thing.

Anyway, appreciate the Arelith specific summary of the UD and related - very handy.

Thank you!

And yeah, it is a firefox thing. I dont know why, but it does not like homebrew. Other people hve had the same issue.

Again, glad you liked it.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:55 am

This is some pretty excellent work. It reads just like I imagine an 'official' Arelith supplement book would. Very cool!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:08 am

Thank you, it honestly means a lot.

What I want to tackle next would be art, so that it is not all a mess of googled images and screenshots.

Ideally, I'd like to use sketches of my own, and give it a "handbook" or "explorer's journal" vibe.

The challenge with that is my complete lack of photoshop skills, or any other digital imaging stuff.

Like...I spent over an hour grunting like a drunk caveman, trying to figure out how on hell I'd be able to seamlessly integrate a simple hand drawing of mine, onto a background that would match the homebrewery's.

I failed and then wanted to set fire to the computer.

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Eira » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 am

I haven't been able to open it on Google Chrome at all. Is this something other Chrome people have issues with or is it just me?

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:07 am

There seem to be formatting issues even in Firefox so maybe there's some compatibility problems with the website, but it was viewable on Firefox for me so maybe that's worth a try.

Or... you could try Edge.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 pm

It also depends wether you're on mobile or not.

Just opened it up on my phone, using chrome, and the whole thing was messed up.

Makes me consider just transfering it all to a word doc and try to workout a d&d layout there.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:01 pm

Eira wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:40 am
I haven't been able to open it on Google Chrome at all. Is this something other Chrome people have issues with or is it just me?
Here is a link to it in pdf form, hopefuly this way you and anyone else having trouble will be able to view it properly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d4r9irvw15qh ... y.pdf?dl=0