Faye's Fey Compendium!

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Faye

Faye's Fey Compendium!

Post by Faye » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

So, I put this together, not only because I am getting madly into Fey lore myself, but also to help others. Whether you're struggling to think of ideal pacters for your Unseelie Warlock, or you're trying to pick a different species of Fey than just a Pixie for your familiar! I've put canonical D&D monster abilities and descriptions alongside my interpretations for the creatures. So please note that the little italicky bit under their names is not canon!

Anyway. Yay. Yay, Fey. Yay Faye's Fey. Okay.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

Faye

Re: Faye's Fey Compendium!

Post by Faye » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

♚ Faeries of Wickyd Ideals;

Bajang
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
These spirits inhabit warm forests, giving them ample time alone to brew toxins. They think up the most dastardly plans, following mortals around silently until they suddenly strike; mostly with poison, or fast spells. Not especially strong, the Bajang relies on words, and is able to flit away quickly if pressured. They may also transform before a foolish human's gaze, flitting quickly from Fey to form.

Kelpie
The large Kelpie is rarely seen too far from waterbeds; be it a colossal sea or a small puddle. It takes the form of an aquatic horse; with beautiful shiny hooves, often decorated with shells and fish-scales. Wise as well as strong, though fierce beings of Chaos, they are as likely to trip and drown a mortal as they are to carry her away.

Hoary Hunter [and steed]
Alignment: Neutral Evil
A Knight of the Feywild, the Hoary Hunter is never seen without his trusty steed. Those who cross the Hunter can never be victorious - for upon his death, he is returned to the Feyrealm, alive and intact. The only way to truly kill one of these beasts is to visit his own realm, and slaughter him there. That is not the most fearsome about the Hunter, however, as his ability to bind another's soul to a diamond set in his Keen sword can terrorise even the most mindful of warriors.

Lu Nat
Similar to the Bajang, the Lu Nat also inhabits wild and warm forests. A spirit Fey, they share common blood, but often not the intelligence of the Bajang, preferring to keep to themselves rather than ambush others. However, when caught unawares, their aura is a sickening remnant of Talona, diseasing others who dare to come near.

Ragewalker
This large Fey walks alone along the temperate plains of Faerun; never seen without a large spiked chain and a Barbarian bloodthirst. Strong, chaotic and dangerous, the lone traveller should prepare with stealth, or other means of getting out of the way. Fast.

Redcap
Young Redcaps usually situate themselves nearby Ragewalkers, on temperate hills. However, they do not often strike alone, but in bands. Their damage reduction and dangerous scythes, along with their Dark Eldritch powers make them a worthy foe in combat, but only really to an ill-prepared traveller.

Shader-kai
Shader-kai are extraplanar Fey, usually found in the dark, cold climates of the Plane of Shadow. Disciplines of the Queen of Air and Darkness' second domain; a raid truly has little trouble blessing the lone wanderer (though not if they have something to offer the Dark Queen). Their ability to see through darkness, their hexes, and their tracking skills make them a dangerous sort. A solitary Shader-kai will be more likely to run away into deep recesses than stand and fight, but they too enjoy a few tricks here and there.

Shadovig
If a traveller ever sees a Shadovig, they'd be tempted to laugh at it's diminutive size. Though small, this Unseelie Fey possesses the darkest of minds; the trickery of all Fey mixed with blackened intentions. Pick-pocketing valuables, poisoning wayfarers, and especially pranking Forest Rangers - often the laughs of Shadovigs are heard during night-time, when they are most prone to striking.

Spark
The flames burning the Queen's icy exterior (so to speak), Sparks often flit in hot groups, as to better burn...well, everything. Preferring the charring of flesh, they also strike upon elderly forest trees, cities, and aid the chaotic master in perfecting her bomb. And then setting it off! Heroes are oft brought back from their fight with Sparks due to their intensive heat, despite their otherwise weak constitution.

Splinterwaif Knave [and Splinterwaif band]
These Fey are the true Unseelies of the Forest, calling forth brambles and vines to snare unwary folk. With dark Druidic intentions, they often conduct magick rituals, their calls echoing among the trees to far-away cities, luring those more adventurous to their traps. A Splinterwaif Knave will lead the band, though his Waifs will never be far behind him. Not willing to really fight, the Splinterwaif will simply just ensnare - perhaps letting their prey go after a few mortal sacrifices.

Winterling
Hiding amongst the Frost Giants and Ice Wolves, these nefarious Fey often live far longer than their more temperate sisters, as their cold immunity keeps them safe from most foes in the mountains (much to the enemies' disdain). The Disciples of the Queen's first Domain, they also hold the closest ties to the Frostmaiden, Auril, and are often used by her to send messages, or death threats, as are more custom.

Yuki-On-Na
Also a branch of Cold Fey, these Unseelie creatures are more intelligent than their Winterling kin; often using their spell like abilities to play the wildest of pranks on adventurers. Short-term memory loss, nightmares, and paralysis are but a few tricks in their extensive repertoire.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

Stath

Post by Stath » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Great read! You've got no idea how nice it is to be able to read about this. The only FR lore I know is ye olde 2nd edition books. Moar?
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Faye

Post by Faye » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm

More planned! At some point I will have to face the Seelie Court. BLEH! So many Fey. These are all 3.5e too, I think! Or at least, can be complied into the edition without seeming too out of place.