The Maw of Malar

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Tyler

The Maw of Malar

Post by Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:07 pm

The Maw of Malar
Roster

Alpha - Tyler

Beta - Windude

Pack member - Barget(?)

Pack member - Born of Death
Actions
The current Maw of Malar usually try to infect as many non-monster races around, the Maw see monster races as unworthy to wield the power given by Malar and doom them with the other non-monster races that choose sides with the humans and fight against the Maw.

Pack Sanctuary

If anyone was to venture near the old Bramble watch base and enter the shelter, they would find various bones on the floor and a stench of wet dog.

All signs of the Bramble watch would seem to have been moved and the Totems excluding the Wolf one would be vandalised.

The tune markings behind the shelter would be destroyed and anyone that has previously seen it would obviously notice it's disappearance.

Before entering the Shelter there would be some sort of Sigil hanging from the top, it would appear to be the mutilated head of a deer. The deer would have no tongue and it's eyes would be torn out, it would have burned ears and upon the Deere forehead would be the imprint of a werewolves claw that would resemble Malars symbol.
Last edited by Tyler on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tyler

Re: The Maw of Fenris

Post by Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Just to add another thing, I would have added to the bestiary but it seems I cant post there :/
And if an admin doesn't like this threads location, you're more then welcome to move it.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:16 am

Ragnarok is not instigated by Fenrir killing Odin. Sorry. Asatruar, I'm picky. Also teehee Get.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 am

I've changed the faction into Maw of Malar due to Fenris not being an actual God in our set time.

RamblerTeo

Re: The Maw of Malar

Post by RamblerTeo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:04 am

[Post removed by moderator]

Windude

Post by Windude » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:59 pm

P Three wrote:Ragnarok is not instigated by Fenrir killing Odin. Sorry. Asatruar, I'm picky. Also teehee Get.
Oh wow somebody who knows Gets! Welcome to the brotherhood!

Great job with the thread Tyler.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Windude wrote:
P Three wrote:Ragnarok is not instigated by Fenrir killing Odin. Sorry. Asatruar, I'm picky. Also teehee Get.
Oh wow somebody who knows Gets! Welcome to the brotherhood!

Great job with the thread Tyler.
Someone else knowns about the Get of fenris!!!

Anyway thanks, I'll update it further maybe add a Roster if you wish.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Ive added a small description of our Pack Sanctuary, with this new update I plan to make a big change for werewolf rp!

If anyone is interested in joining feel free to speak to me about it.

I will be taking SS of our RP soon.

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:21 am

Tyler wrote:Ive added a small description of our Pack Sanctuary, with this new update I plan to make a big change for werewolf rp!

If anyone is interested in joining feel free to speak to me about it.

I will be taking SS of our RP soon.
Um, if this has to do with the disappearance of all the fixtures from the Bramble Watch hill in the past two days...

Arelith has a 24-hour fixture rule, that you can only take/bash one fixture in an area every 24-hours. This includes groups working as a team, you still only get to take one thing.

Reports have now been filed with Arelith.DM by two of our members.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:33 am

Also, it's not the "old Bramble Watch base", it's "the current Bramble Watch base". It's a current active faction and you can't just destroy all of their stuff to take it for your own.

For a little background here, the Bramble Watch faction was around and RPing on a bare hilltop for decades in game, and that shelter you see now was an update made by the developers in honor of that RP. It's going to take more than bashing/moving fixtures over a 2 day period while Bramble Watch PCs are offline to take over that area.

This sounds like it could be/become an awesome faction, but I think you'll need to find a new pack sanctuary, or at least make a big RP deal about this before taking it over.

Flameborn

Post by Flameborn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 am

A bit of looking IG might find you a new home with a certain druidess of malar....
"Never underestimate the enmity of those for which outrage is a sport."

daemonshadow

Post by daemonshadow » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 am

Lorkas wrote:This sounds like it could be/become an awesome faction, but I think you'll need to find a new pack sanctuary, or at least make a big RP deal about this before taking it over.
Which is like to be a very interesting conflict for Cordor that will bring new members to both factions, and possible the guard as there is still a treaty, and the Pax Cordoria is still (in practice) somewhat regulated by the guard, even beyond the bounds of the City Proper.

I'd suggest directly engage the players ingame. Skirmishes with the Bramble members themselves, start engaging RP players that pass through the woods (When I played Bramble Watch, nothing got the faction going like banditry in our sacred woods), leave notes, etc. Doing this kind of conflict should bring interested parties to all sides.

Wholesale bashing/stealing fixtures, at best, results in "Someone stole our cookpot again!" and at worse results in bad feelings and RP that people aren't enjoying.
I don't know about you, between and bicycles make me want to do natural things.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:11 am

Well I do apologies I was told that the faction was disbanded ages ago which I why I did it, anyway all of the fixtures were taken down in a Roleplay manner.

I did not see on the message about the 24 hour rule so I am sorry once again, I was told both IC and OOC that the bramble watch was disbanded.
Last edited by Tyler on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:12 am

Even if yoh have supporting RP, you are limited to removing one fixture belonging to a player or faction per 24 RL hours.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 am

Not sure who would have told you either IC, or OOC, that the Bramble Watch was no longer active as a faction, since there were current messages being posted on the (now bashed) message boards by faction members. All you would have to do is actually have read the message boards before you did away with them.

And as PThree said. even if you did it in a role-play manner, and -even if the faction had been disbanded, you can't dismantle an entire area of fixtures in a single day.

Atop of that, note boards you bashed contained RL years worth of history documents that cannot be recreated. It's very inconsiderate, in any situation, to simply destroy recorded history in a perpetual world.
Last edited by KregorRanger on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 am

I understand this now but that wasn't stated ingame when I got the message, I've apologised to the leader of bramble watch because as I've said before I was told that the faction was disbanded ages ago both IC and OOC.

Let me assure you that all fixtures were taken down in and RP manner still and we had a viable reason to do so.

And upon reading the new message, I apologies again as I am only new to the server. I suppose I should just wait for the DM to punish me now but anything I can do to help, I will try to do it.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 am

The DMs will be in touch, one is already looking for you :)

The message about one per 24 hours is actually sent to you every single time you pick up a fixture. I can't believe it's possible to miss it!

Do the fixtures still exist? If not, I may need to do a restore of the area (which is very painful to do, but better than losing a bunch of history). Still, it'll cost me a lot of my time to resolve.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am

Mithreas wrote:The DMs will be in touch, one is already looking for you :)

The message about one per 24 hours is actually sent to you every single time you pick up a fixture. I can't believe it's possible to miss it!

Do the fixtures still exist? If not, I may need to do a restore of the area (which is very painful to do, but better than losing a bunch of history). Still, it'll cost me a lot of my time to resolve.
Sorry Mithreas :/

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 am

Thank you Mith. If it weren't for Bothor's old message boards, I wouldn't even ask, and would just RP through rebuilding the rest.

I'd archive them, if I could remove the messages without taking the 5% chance of destroying them myself by renaming the boards. :P
Last edited by KregorRanger on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 am

YI apologies once more and say that we're gonna move. I had no intention on stealing an active factions base and never plan to.

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:48 am

If you want to be the antagonist in said area, there is one other very likely candidate location for said pack to inhabit as a base.

HInt: If you can't take the inhabitants/boss of said possible location, with some reasonable guarantee, at the time you'd log back into the area to play again, you're probably not ready for antagonism against PCs in the area either.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 am

Is alright, were are probably moving into another Malarites area(with her permission obviously.)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:57 am

KregorRanger wrote:Thank you Mith. If it weren't for Bothor's old message boards, I wouldn't even ask, and would just RP through rebuilding the rest.

I'd archive them, if I could remove the messages without taking the 5% chance of destroying them myself by renaming the boards. :P
Archive archive that history jewel! By all means Kregor!

Even better... make a book or books as the Brambles' Files (whatever name) and let the future generations learn about the Bramble's defenders! (Not irony or sarcasm, but serious, you should)

This Malarite action was a sign so to look a way to protect the history.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm

You can copy message boards by using the Press, but you don't want to keep two copies around. Here is what I would do.

1) Copy the board in press.
2) Attempt to enchant to get editing rights. If it fails, repeat step 1. If it succeeds, go to step 3.
3) Rename with your character's name in square brackets at the end.
4) Remove and copy all messages to be placed into notebooks.
5) Destroy the extra copy of the message board (definitely don't want two of them around) and replace the sole surviving one.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Well I hear our name is getting around, apparently the Maw was on the news about being a malarite cult lol