Scrub Stoutheart's Guide to Scrooging

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Stath

Scrub Stoutheart's Guide to Scrooging

Post by Stath » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:09 am

The Art of being a Scrub
Greetings and well met, fellow Character of Arelith. Did you muck up your build, and are now stuck being gimped? Are you time-poor, and thus don't get a chance to play much? Do you spend all your play time sitting in the Slanty and doing nothing? Well, I do all three, and have created this Guide for you, Fellow Noob!
Uncle Scrooge Stoutheart's Grinching
Like my own, your Character will most likely be exceptionally poor, constantly. This is due to a combination of two factors. One- your PC is weak and puny, and unable to kill things effectively. They burn through Kits like I drink water. Two- they don't actually go out and make the effort of putting in to get gold.

Therefore, this means your PC is always strapped for cash. Sometimes, it can be a choice between buying a ten stack of Healing Kits, or buying Food and Water. Below is a list of (un)summarized tips for saving your gold, alternatively referred to as bank, or paper.
  • -Scrounge through barrels, crates and anything else you can find. Sometimes you have a chance of getting lucky with water or food!

-Follow more powerful adventurers from Cordor to Wharftown. Ransack the untouched corpses, as Goblins can often have a little drink and meal.

-This tip is rather important. Never buy your own potions, scrolls or bandages. ((Because you don't know where to get the first)) Simply leech from your fellow party members.

-Always offer to gather up the loot and gold in a party, and then accidentally forget, and fudge up the finaly tally *cough* in your favour.

-Be sure to retrieve the corpses of your fallen comrades, and their coin purses.
Third Cousin Scrub Stoutheart on how to Git Gud
Under construction. Need to research how to actually git gud. THE ABOVE IS, OBVIOUSLY, NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Preacher

Re: Scrub Stoutheart's Guide to Scrooging

Post by Preacher » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm

You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 pm

sounds like the perfect goblin. :)

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:00 am

This would be funny, and massively hillarious...

... if you hadn't just equitably described my entire playstyle on Storm :|
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 am

Don't forget to say 'I was too busy saving your damned corpse, and didn't bother picking around the gore for your damned coinpurse!' when people come to you demanding their gold.

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 am

DirtyDeity wrote:Don't forget to say 'I was too busy saving your damned corpse, and didn't bother picking around the gore for your damned coinpurse!' when people come to you demanding their gold.
>8 Wisdom

No fear. Lies unneeded
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server