Partial Writ completion

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

KeldonDonovans

Partial Writ completion

Post by KeldonDonovans » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:08 pm

We've all been there. Take a writ we can't handle, but through hard work and perseverance, we are able to knock out most of it. I'll use "Cleaning up the heights" for an example. Scout that one area? Got it. Kill ten guys? Sure. Though difficult, it was managed. Kill the boss? Well he spawns with a few of his buddies, and is considerably more difficult than the rest of the guys. It's alright, there are four of us. We got thi-Oh, we died. Let's try again. TPK again. Now I can either discard the writ, gaining nothing for the parts I have completed, or wait until I can complete the writ, imposing a 1 writ per day penalty on me for who knows how long.

So the suggestion is simple. Allow a dialogue option for us to accept partial pay and XP for a writ that has some things "Complete", but not all of them, discarding that task as a result. It'd be up to you guys if you wanted to do a blanket "You did 2 out of 3 tasks, here's 2/3's of the reward", or more of a weighted thing, where you did the two easier tasks and flaked on the hard one, so here is maybe 50% of your reward. Second way might be a little more difficult, because "The hard part" varies depending on build and such, but regardless, the idea remains the same. Allow us a way to get our rewards for completing some or most of a job.

Also, if you are reading this, the other QoL suggestion about Writs I made got lost in a sea of suggestions, but the idea was to list at the top of your writ description "Jobs completed X out of Y" so you don't have to scan the whole writ looking for "COMPLETE".

Thanks for your time!