New and Selectable Rest Styles (for All!)

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

riffraff

New and Selectable Rest Styles (for All!)

Post by riffraff » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:58 am

This is directly linked to my question(s) in this thread.

It's a real shame that at the mo only elves get to use the Rest Styles option. I suggest it's opened up to everyone and that more styles are added based on existing emotes/animations and maybe some new ones.

Most people I (and others anecdotally) encounter don't RP taking a very, very short nap when resting and sitting down for several seconds looks a little odd either way. It would be cool to be able to pray (and as I understand it, this is the animation already used for elves' reverie), for one thing! Anything that can look like a character is preparing for what's to come or winding down after a hard battle would be really awesome.

Some ideas based on existing emotes/animations:

• praying (-kneel / altar prayer / elf reverie)

• reading (no idea if there's a book reading animation, but the -read emote/scroll animation wouldn't be so bad if not)

• stretching (some of the idle animations might work for this, or maybe the -dance emote)

• adjusting gear (the -crouch emote / pickup animation)

• lying down (if someone actually wants to faceplant, -lie or -fall could be used)

Then there are other animations that I think might be available but I haven't seen them, so I don't know how doable this is. According to NWN Vault wiki there's stuff like:

• cross-legged sitting

• meditating (if this is a traditional cross-legged meditation pose, rather than praying, it would be ace, both as a rest style and an emote)

• kneeling (seems to be the kneel that happens before emotes like prayer, but even if it's taking a knee it might be a nice option for a brief "rest")

cold chuckle