Ranged Rogue Proficiency Weapons

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

jomonog

Ranged Rogue Proficiency Weapons

Post by jomonog » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Awhile ago the list of rogue proficiency weapons was changed to (essentially) be the same as the list of finessable weapons. Prior to this change the list of rogue proficiency weapons included a number of ranged options.

A consequence of changing to finessable weapons only is that there are now no longer any ranged weapons which are also rogue proficiency weapons (as ranged weapons always use dex and are therefore not flagged as finessable).

I would therefore like to suggest including some (or all) ranged weapons in the list of weapons that also qualify for rogue proficiency. This would allow deep rogue ranged builds (19+ levels) to receive the AB bonus on ranged weapons (+1 at 19 level and +2 at 24 level) to effectively once again encourage ranged rogues as a viable archetype.

EDIT - I am informed by some that in fact rogue does get some ranged weapons as part of its proficiency weapons so if true then perhaps this is just a case of updating the wiki to make this clear because i'd been also told in the past via discord discussion that there were no ranged rogue proficiency weapons so if there are then the broader player base is not aware