Limit slots saved as part of outfit appearance

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

perseid

Limit slots saved as part of outfit appearance

Post by perseid » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:05 pm

This is sort of a minor gripe but something that I thought was a bid sad to see lost with the revamp/introduction of -outfit and -appearance as commands was that it sort of erased a niche kind of server exploration which was icon discovery. There's a number of semi-unique boot, ring, etc. icons that are only available for generic character gear at a couple of npc merchants. As a result, it was sort of neat to be able to give people these things as gifts or show them where to find these merchants as part of exploration rp. Now however, item icons can simply be harvested from dungeon loot with the appearances and so there isn't a lot of reason for people to go out of their way or even pay attention to this kind of thing anymore.

Similarly, I think for a lot of people the current implementation is still a bit inconvenient even if in theory they could work around it by planning their saved outfits accordingly. An example of what I mean is this thread (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40941&p=316074&hil ... re#p316074) where a number of players note finding the way their icons get shuffled about as being inconvenient. From the feedback in that thread it doesn't seem to be a universal gripe but it also doesn't seem like changing the command to only address visible gear appearances (body/helm/cloak/weapons) as far as icon shifting would be inconvenient for the people who already find the command fine either.

To be clear, I don't mean to limit what slots can be handled overall by -outfit for shuffling gear around. I simply mean that I think it'd be beneficial if not every slot could have its icon appearance shuffled as part of this process.