Thrown and summons

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Hignus Greenleaf

Thrown and summons

Post by Hignus Greenleaf » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:49 am

Id like to bring up two things:
1. Certain caster paths getting no summons.
2. Slings/Throwing weapons completly inferiour to all other weapons.

My suggestion is this:
Give the "No summon" paths such as Seeker cleric and Warpriest normal summons.
Just remove the epic summon spell, the normal summons are useless most of the time anyways in a PvP fight. It would just help these characters grind gold a bit better and do dungeons.
Or better yet, just give them either summon creature, or the planar binding spells <----This is only to help in the lvling process, nothing else since it will not matter much in PvP at all.
Because as it stands now, doing any dungeon from lvl 5-29 is a nightmare for Seekers and warpriests.
Mundane characters can atleast get some lore gear and use scrolls to help them out.
I feel the "No summons" really hampers a class.

Secondly the throwing weapons:
On melee weapons you can do insane enchanting combos like :
Melee weapon: 1d4 masive crits, 1d4 divine, keen -> rune -> 1d4 positive -> perm essence entropy -> temp essence -> bless weapon
(The bless weapon becomes +4 at the hands of a loremaster even)
Ranged weapons in general aside from AAs (Since they get automatic enchants) are garbage.
You are basically stuck with 1 template that will enchant your bullets/thrown with 3 enchantments depending on wich one you take, and considering they have the lowest threat/crit range in the entire game i feel they need some more base damage.
The inability to enchant ammo (Especially bullets/thrown as mentioned above) makes it obsolete for any build.
Buffing these types of ammunition wont make for any overpowered builds. It will just allow for more diversity

O.o