Copy Things Down

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Hazard

Copy Things Down

Post by Hazard » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:54 pm

It would be great if there was some way to copy things from a message board and things. It could be a rogue feature or given to everyone, slapping a piece of paper over something and shading it to get an impression the new item clearly an impression/copy, maintaining the original date and signature but not passing as an original.

The reason I think this is worth suggesting is because a lot of information gets written into books (bookshelves) and put on to message boards and the like, and there's no real way to "take" these snippets mechanically without taking the whole thing, and that just feels really, really mean. I don't want to have to do that.

I was thinking any character that qualifies for thieves cant could get other thiefy/spy abilities too. Like copying with impressions. Realistically anyone could do it, so it doesn't have to be limited to any class at all, idunnowhatever.

Main point, some way to "take" information without needing to take the whole fixture.