Open Grave "Trash Bins" in Cemeteries

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Amateur Hour

Open Grave "Trash Bins" in Cemeteries

Post by Amateur Hour » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:29 pm

I'm sure we've all seen graveyards or graveyard-style areas that are just full of PC corpses, piling up until there's a reset, which is cartoonishly terrible/dystopian. Sure, you can bash the corpse (and now bash the skeleton) or throw the body in a trash bin, but even a lot of evil characters would consider that tasteless.

I propose that graveyard areas all be equipped with an unmovable "open grave" that functions as a trash bin, in which corpses can be dropped to destroy them. This will significantly improve burial RP since we won't have to massively suspend disbelief over dumping another corpse on a corpse-pile while make-believing we're decent people.

If there's reason why the bodies can be needed, the open grave could instead be temporary storage like the unmovable crates/barrels that can be found throughout the module.

Edit: for places like Skaljard where there isn't a good place for a graveyard but the body pile is a serious problem, an object that looks like a campfire called a "Funerary Pyre" could serve a similar function. It's still some suspension of disbelief to believe that you could cremate a person on a fire that small, but it's a lot better than the current Body Pile Problem. For Skal specifically, I'd suggest near the Dunmarle ferry or through the south gates near the Founder's Cave.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Open Grave "Trash Bins" in Cemeteries

Post by MalKalz » Sun May 28, 2023 1:17 am

Approved.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Open Grave "Trash Bins" in Cemeteries

Post by MalKalz » Mon May 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Completed. Pending next reset.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.