Buff Stupid

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Hazard

Buff Stupid

Post by Hazard » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 pm

Hey. Alright. So, I wanna play a big dumb barb.
How dumb, you ask? Very dumb. 8 int dumb. The dumbest.

But it's Arelith! Building without int, without lore, without skill points, is just asking for a bad time.
So what's my suggestion? Some kind of dumb-bonus for barbarians.

The LESS int they have, the more damage reduction/damage bonus they get, to simulate them just not even considering the damage that could come to themselves by over-exterting their strength and force, or noticing the damage they've taken, or whatever other made up justifications.

Ignorance is Bliss? No. Ignorance is STRONK.

Gimmie dumb. Not me personally, I have enough, but let me build dumb too.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Buff Stupid

Post by Irongron » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm

This was one reason why I moved to increase overall skill points a few years back.

You might be interested to know this was not the extent of my plan. I wanted, ideally, to do one of two things -

Have skill points based on a number of stats, with some, like int and con being given more weight.

OR

Separating skills into different groups each fed by a different stat based pool. Con skills, Int Skills, and so on.

I still prefer the above but the team was right - it would be merry hell to balance (even if it were possible on NwN)