Writing Notes - Add [nocopy] and [readonce] option

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

miesny_jez

Writing Notes - Add [nocopy] and [readonce] option

Post by miesny_jez » Fri May 19, 2023 9:01 am

Hi,

As I'm trying to drive a note-selling and information-based roleplay on my current character I realized that
The currently existing system of notes writing does not support this mechanically.

So I have a suggestion to add two options to writing notes on the game which would add up very nice possibilities for any kind of information/spying based RP.

First:
Add a possibility to mark a note with a [nocopy] tag during its creation Or by using a Quill item on a note you are an owner off.

The tag would block the possibility of making a simple copy of the note by targeting it at an empty piece of paper.

If you use your [nocopy] message on message board, the tag is removed.

Second:
Add a possibility to mark a note with a [readonce] tag.

Making the message auto-destruct after it was read once. The tag would also block copying to an empty paper piece.
Also the same as above if you use such tagged note on a message board the tag is removed.

Those [readonce] and [nocopy] papers could be even set to be generated only by crafting which could further add up to RP and promote crafter-client relationship

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Writing Notes - Add [nocopy] and [readonce] option

Post by MalKalz » Sun May 28, 2023 12:23 am

Rejected.

Notes should be able to be read by anyone who gets it, people should still be able to make copies. It would be odd that you can stop a copy.

What would be nice is a forgery system on the side.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.