Scrying Fixtures

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Scrying Fixtures

Post by CragOrion » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:31 pm

I think it could be a neat feature if we could scry fixtures.

It's happened to so many of us, we have that one fixture that we really like. Something about it just resonates with your character. Maybe its an altar to your patron, or a statue of your long dead best friend, and then you go to see it one day and it's GONE!

Oh no, well I guess someone liked it more than me. Or maybe they thought something about it was offensive, so they absconded with it somewhere. And now its lost forever as far as you're concerned. Your choices are few. Either live with its loss, or make something to replace it.

But what if there was a way to find it again? What if there was a way to track down those big meanies who stole your priceless family heirloom?

Scrying fixtures could help further conflict and meaningful rp between thieves and [former] owners.

I envision it working as such:

1. The individual with Epic Spell Focus: Divination would use -scry along with the fixture's exact name (including name and faction tags)
2. The scrying would work much like it does with people.
a. If the item is placed in an area, then the scry would focus on the placed fixture and you would get a view of it just like you do with people
b. If the item is currently in someone's inventory, then you would get a view of the person carrying it
3. Scrying fixtures would be interrupted by the same mechanics already in place for preventing scrying on people normally.
a. If its possible to script, when scrying an item thats placed in an area, anyone under magic concealment should not be visible or heard during the scrying.
4. Anyone with ESF Divination should still get a notification that "You get the feeling someone is watching you from far away" if their area is being scried on, whether its via scrying people or fixtures

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire