Mailboxes + Fixtures

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Aroura

Mailboxes + Fixtures

Post by Aroura » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 am

The Speedy Messenger Service is proud to present; PO boxes!

I am not sure if PO boxes are common in other places but they are an option in my home. When you don't want your mail dropped off directly to your home, or you are homeless or often moving around an area, you rent out a PO box where items/letters are delivered as opposed to them getting dropped off at your front door. I feel as though a system like this within Arelith could be benifital for a few reasons;
1. Message people when they're offline, reducing the need for OOC communication around avaliablility to reduces the need to stalk the player portal.
2. Send gifts in the mail! Again, to send people things when they are offline. (Also can be used for more nefarious puposes, like mailing the severed ears of their loved ones.)
3. Makes nomadic roleplay a little more enticing. Reduces the need for a quarter or to hang around a central location.

Running a system like this through a settlement (similar to citizen storage), could be very benifital I feel. I have no idea how plausable it is to implement, but I feel it could be an interesting addition to turn the speedy messenger buildings/services into proper postal services with mailboxes.

Scale up/down fixtures!

Honestly I really just want to size down cushions -100% and turn them into little throw cushions to put on my couches.
Or scale up the new coffins by +100% so they can pass for giants coffins.
Or scale down chairs by -100% and emote akwardly sitting in a hin-sized chair, and consequently crushing it with my characters fat butt.