RPR Awards

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Cthuletta

RPR Awards

Post by Cthuletta » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:12 pm

Hello!
So I was following a line of thinking and was pondering how the RPR raises work.
Usually when an RPR raise is given, it's due to long-term characters involving others, and being an enjoyable and inclusive player.

Currently when one's RPR is raised, they are given a small XP bonus to one of their characters. However, I imagine this doesn't apply to many people as being useful given they are likely max level already. My suggestion is to have an alternative!
Everyone starts at 10 RPR. Through their consistent roleplay, they can be raised to 20, 30, 40, and 50, with what the team is seeking being outlined on the Wiki page about it.
What if instead of an extra XP gift, awards were given instead? So someone raised to 20 RPR is given a Normal, 30 is a Normal or a Greater depending on what the team finds most appropriate, 40 is a Greater, and 50 is a Major.

The thought process behind this is that if the player is being an inclusive and enjoyable boon to the server, this could give them incentive to continue what they're doing on a new character concept if they so choose as a free reward for their exemplary roleplay without the need to delete their current main, or waste time grinding an alt. Since it's not an XP boost given at the time of their raise, they can use it when they want rather than wasting that boost on a character who's already level 30. Since RPR raises tend to only happen once, it's not something that'd overpopulate the server with awards, either, and if someone had their RPR lowered, but boosted again, the reward is a one-time only deal.
I'm not sure how/if this would work retroactively, but maybe those above a certain RPR would get a free reward as well if such a change was approved and rolled out? That one is above my station to think on, but ideally would be nice.
Thanks for reading!

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil