Logging off after subdual

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Waldo52

Logging off after subdual

Post by Waldo52 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:15 pm

Evil players will know what I'm talking about. You're fighting in subdual mode because you think there's a chance that you can turn your violence into a warning, a robbery or some other malicious RP that generates plot content without sending someone to Kelemvor's Wall. You knock the guy down, he logs off.

In fact, I've found myself using subdual less and less as a consequence of these bad actors. Subdual loggers make killing people consistently the better option.

It's a well known fact that some people choose to ignore or opt out of PvP and retcon their own stories whenever they die or even get beat up. People will sometimes state this openly. This is kind of like walking down the street and telling a robber aiming a gun at you "No thanks, I don't acknowledge your existence or the consequences of your actions".

The suggestion: If you log off after being subdued, you leave a corpse and are sent to Kelemvor's wall. I would also suggest that the same thing should happen if you log less than ten seconds after receiving damage, because logging off mid-beating but before being subdued is a problem as well.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Logging off after subdual

Post by Sincra » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:37 pm

Denied because we have no way to distinguish if you disconnected due to a crash, net loss, intent, etc to be able to justify this.

Also this is more a case of DM oversight, you should be reporting it so they can investigate.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.