Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Xerah
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Xerah » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:27 pm

What does everyone think is the best thing to call RL tomorrow when in game? We can't use tenday anymore.

Three-day?

Thriceday? (Bat Country sponsored)

On the triumvirate?

On the ternary?

Something else.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

User avatar
Party in the forest at midnight
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 pm

I was planning on saying "A few days ago" or "In a few days"

User avatar
Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm

I like Threeday.
Current PC - Adelyn Belle'rose
Kesa Hillside - Shelved
Emilia Sabine von Brandt - Killed with Daughter Elizabeth
Michaela Quinn - Killed by fallen Paladin
Annalisa Bradford - Sacrificed to Dark Gods
Vaen Xyvil'kor - Killed in The Xyvil'kor War

Kessarin
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Kessarin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:28 pm
I was planning on saying "A few days ago" or "In a few days"
This right here.

Amnesy
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Amnesy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:57 pm

I'll go with Third'ay XD
Current: Lysrithien.

User avatar
Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Ork » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 pm

Tenday. Threeday. Makes sense.

Kalopsia
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:34 am
Location: Europe

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm

"In three days" seems like a valid option now :D

User avatar
Bunnysmack
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 am
Location: UTC-8

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Bunnysmack » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm

"A trilogy from now" :lol:

(In all seriousness, please do not start saying "trilogy" instead of "tomorrow" or "yesterday")
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

User avatar
Baron Saturday
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm

I'm inclined towards thricedays, but suspect it'll end up being threeday for simplicity's sake. Maybe triday?
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Oshe Jordain, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Kels Vetian

User avatar
triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:32 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:55 pm

I've already coined Triday. Totally official.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Taerl
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Taerl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

as Houndaer said in our discord........ UD players use cycles instead of days so he says.......will it now be called a TriCycle

User avatar
neverwinternightly
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by neverwinternightly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 pm

I've got my handlebars firmly grasped on the triday tricycle.

Archnon
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Archnon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Svirfneblin, according to proper lore, will firmly reject your change in time as time is irrelevant. We will continue to use, "sometime" to refer to all points in time indiscriminately as opposed to specifying day or cycle or anything that acknowledges the passage of time.

User avatar
Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Triple Day...Tripdip.

We shall meet in a tripdip!
Burin the Earthly.

Good Character
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Good Character » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Image

Gonagul
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Gonagul » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Tenday has such a ring to it though.

edit: I vote to keep it as a colloquial

chris a gogo
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by chris a gogo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm

Tenday is because the months are divided into 3 Tendays not because the server happens to have 10 days per RL day.
It's not an Arelith specific term.

In fact if not for the "bloody romans" we would still be using tendays and have thirteen months in the year.

User avatar
Dalenger
Posts: 1165
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Dalenger » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:02 am

chris a gogo wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm
Tenday is because the months are divided into 3 Tendays not because the server happens to have 10 days per RL day.
It's not an Arelith specific term.

In fact if not for the "bloody romans" we would still be using tendays and have thirteen months in the year.
The only people we hate more than the Romans are the Snuggle a Bugbear Judean People's Front
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

User avatar
Baron Saturday
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 am

chris a gogo wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm
Tenday is because the months are divided into 3 Tendays not because the server happens to have 10 days per RL day.
It's not an Arelith specific term.

In fact if not for the "bloody romans" we would still be using tendays and have thirteen months in the year.
I mean, that's technically true, but it really got widely used because it's such a convenient way of saying "in X RL days/X RL days ago" in IG terms. With a "tenday" no longer corresponding to a RL day, it would be handy to have a new term to take it's place.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Oshe Jordain, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Kels Vetian

User avatar
The GrumpyCat
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:07 am

How about threemorrow?

(This is not a serious idea)
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

User avatar
Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter
Posts: 1755
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Kuma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:15 am

Taerl wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm
as Houndaer said in our discord........ UD players use cycles instead of days so he says.......will it now be called a TriCycle
this is absolutely delightful

as for coining a word, is it needed?

"We shall meet once more three days hence", "Let's revisit this in a few days", "The masquerade is in about three days" will probably end up working fine.

chris a gogo
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by chris a gogo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 am

Unread post by Dalenger » 14 Jan 2021 01:02

chris a gogo wrote: ↑13 Jan 2021 23:48
Tenday is because the months are divided into 3 Tendays not because the server happens to have 10 days per RL day.
It's not an Arelith specific term.

In fact if not for the "bloody romans" we would still be using tendays and have thirteen months in the year.
The only people we hate more than the Romans are the Snuggle a Bugbear Judean People's Front

*spits* Splitters.

User avatar
Dreams
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:13 am

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Dreams » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:24 am

I think Party had the best idea.

‘In a few days’, ‘a few days’, is the easiest way to refer to this new thing naturally and without coming up with new words that don’t fit.

User avatar
Ninjimmy
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Ninjimmy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:42 am

In a few days is probably the best Meta shorthand for tomorrow, I'd say use Party's too.

Alternatively, just grab their face, stare into their eyes and say
Image
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Lexx
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:52 pm

Re: Time Change - What to call Tomorrow?

Post by Lexx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 am

Just use whatever term the individual might prefer, honestly. Barely anyone used the term Tencycle/Tenday before in game already. So I see more the same happening with this.

Post Reply